Not exactly Eddie's telly .

I know that a lot of people got a bit fed-up with the Eddie Stobart TV shows, so my small channel Trucking TV is starting to make an online clip series, titled Driver’s Days.

The idea is really to give people the idea of what truck drivers do to earn a living, and how important the job is in our society.

I’m filming tomorrow, and will start showing clips next week.

Interesting… well only sort of for someone whos never done it. Wish I had all these videos when I got into the so called “game” :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

5am on Friday 7th October - load up camera kit, drive to the yard to film Driver’s Day 1 - on the spot video at: facebook.com/truckingtvuk

PS - only truck drivers have done it Jack - but maybe other people will have more appreciation of what drivers do for a living if they see this . . ? Hope so . .

Fascinating day out in the truck yesterday (Friday) - here are some clips from the video blog published yesterday - the proper video clips will be up starting next week.

No volume?
No image stabilising technologie?
A secret desire to drive a VW T5 ?

(I think it’s Rob… ) :grimacing:

I think it’s what I’d call real life tv (as opposed to what TV companies call “reality TV”, like Eddy’s telly, where it’s all determined beforehand, with the producers sitting in the marketing directors office, working out what message to put out in this episode). And this is just the blog, filmed with my phone and a selfie-stick.

I just climbed in, and off we went - no steadicam, no sound-man perched on the bunk, to see what happened. If you’d rather get a sanitised, extra-excitement and tension-added version of life, stick with your TV - if you’d prefer to see real life as it is, without the fake stuff, see what you make of the clips we’ll put up next week . .

shifty lol :laughing: :laughing:

I saw you fellas on the A1 when I came out of Baldock services at half 11 ish

A bit of criticism: I hope youll take it as constructive: images of you/the driver in the cab before and after deliveries etc dont give much info on the real job. Sitting in the cab is what Joe Public sees anyway. I can appreciate that there are loads of problems with access/permissions etc to get cameras/visitors into offices, loading bays, docks, etc, etc, but thats whats needed. Otherwise it`s all a bit “heres one I did earlier”, or “this drop was quick at 5 mins”, “this one slow” without any background. Not an easy task so, power to your elbow.

Riveting entertainment.

Franglais - this just a few quick clips shot on the phone and published immediately or almost live online on the Trucking TV facebook page, to give people a flavour of what was happening - I’ll be interested to see what you make of the edited clips next week . .

This exercise is essentially a pilot run, and if we can make it work, perhaps we can help explain the reality of the way our world works - most people don’t have the vaguest idea of how the food and products we rely actually gets to the shops, and onto our tables, etc.

ChrisG46:
Franglais - this just a few quick clips shot on the phone and published immediately or almost live online on the Trucking TV facebook page, to give people a flavour of what was happening - I’ll be interested to see what you make of the edited clips next week . .

This exercise is essentially a pilot run, and if we can make it work, perhaps we can help explain the reality of the way our world works - most people don’t have the vaguest idea of how the food and products we rely actually gets to the shops, and onto our tables, etc.

Most people don’t give a shi… care at all how it gets to the shop. As long as it’s there…

Without inconvenienceing them in the car park.

Welcome to my world.

Well, exactly.

All the more reason why we should try to explain it!

The first clip in our series Driver’s Days starts showing tomorrow - I’ll post it here, and look forward to your comments!

Mark Dixon the “star” of Eddie’s TV programme, was at Sainsburys Sherburn with me the week before last.

I’ve thrown ■■■ ends away bigger than that daft twunt.

Needless to say, he won’t be accusing me of queue jumping again.

Olivia May my arse, she may, I don’t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisG46:
The first clip in our series Driver’s Days starts showing tomorrow - I’ll post it here, and look forward to your comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSo4vl93KJE

Well that clip was riveting …