Not being paid for days holiday

Drift:
last week my Mrs crashed the car and wrote it off I left work straight away as I was just starting Mrs was okay but then another car hit my car two write offs in half an hour :imp:
my work said they would put it down as unpaid holiday but they have loaned me a van and fuelcard so I can get into work.
Can’t grumble to much. :unamused:

Bloody Hell Drift !

Don’t buy a lottery ticket, you’ll be wasting a pound.

I’d love to see what happens when one of the planners has a crisis at home ■■?

If it’s one of the Cry Wolf Drivers whose always off, that’s a bit different.

Really makes you think if it’s worth it or not, working for some of these Scrooge Companies.
Especially working for someone who sells everything for 99p !
Probably got their planers to sell their Souls, spelt with an ‘A’ infront for 99p as well.

Family comes first, sod the job.

as others have said its not an emergency that your partner ‘may’ have a fit, but in your eyes it is which i would be the same to be fair.

think they have been fair enough with it in all honesty and at least you know where you stand with them.

Santa:
What you are up against is the ‘professional’ driver who will plead his Granny’s deathbed, or his wife’s going into labour, just to get the day off to go to the races or somesuch.

It’s the same as the guys who plead that they have to get tipped quick 'cos they are running out of hours.

You are correct, but the firm still should have offered him a day off unpaid. There is zero chance of him getting paid the day as a holiday.