Not been Sacked but Not working for a bit

Had an incident yesterday which has resulted in me not being asked into work to drive delivering sandwiches for a while.

Started with me coming off M25 at J14 for Heathrow T5, as i had to deliver to the hotel there. I reached the roundabout at the end of the slip and stayed in the middle lane to go over the roundabout. As i was moving off a big Bently driven by an asian guy undertook me and cut me up on the roundabout, to which i gave him a blast on the horn and left it at that. He obviously wasnt happy and gave me the usual one finger salute that us drivers so commonly get.

the guy pulls into the front car-park of the hotel and i leave it at that and proceed to the loading bay. As im unloading the driver of the Bently comes up to me and starts asking why i “had a go” on the roundabout, to which i replied “what you mean the dangerous bit of driving you did? your lucky i realised what was happening, next time you may end up getting crushed” he starts telling me that im in the wrong and that the left hand lane is for going straight over the roundabout (3 lanes on roundabout with left hand lane filtering off into T5 car-park area). He starts swearing and getting closer and more irate, insisting i apologise to him for beeping my horn. lol ■■■■■■■ loser.

I said to him no, im not going to apoligise as ive done nothing wrong, and i insist on an apology for the abuse ive received off you, at no point have i been disrespectful or abusive, or even sworn at you. Next come the words “your banned from the site, I own this place” he took down the vehicle details and the tel. no from the vehicle . and dissapeared inside the back door of the hotel.

I spoke to one of the security guys there and he said “its ok, just go and do your drop you got for here anyway”

So found out today from the agency that ive been stood down for a while, while the dust settles. Tbh if id known that the little “incident” would have ended up with me losing my placement i would have dropped the ■■■■■ it certainly would have made my day :slight_smile:

Terminal 5 Roundabout

An old pic but you can see the 3 lanes on the roundabout (1 is to the left of the barriers, and that def filters off down that road to the left)

Nice to see that you did not come down to his level of an excuse for a human being BigJon.
Scum like that are not fit to wipe are shoes.

Oh and next time Crease the SOB.

If I was told I was banned from the site I wouldn’t have done my drop for that site. He obviously didn’t want you there so drive off without doing the drop and let him have no/little stock for the day. (Or however long it is between deliveries).

An old pic but you can see the 3 lanes on the roundabout (1 is to the left of the barriers, and that def filters off down that road to the left)

looking at the map - if the lane markings are still the same and you approached from the left intending to take the second exit then you are correct - the driver in lane 1 must have crossed into your lane.

bide your time, be patient, i’m sure you’ll get back on this run.

when you do, be careful, as your driving may be rusty, and you might bang into his bentley.

A dab of 5th wheel grease under the door handle has always been a nice present for that type of jerk :laughing:

faulkner:
If I was told I was banned from the site I wouldn’t have done my drop for that site. He obviously didn’t want you there so drive off without doing the drop and let him have no/little stock for the day. (Or however long it is between deliveries).

Agreed. You’re banned = back doors shut, ta ta.

Stan

If they dont let you back go crap on his bonnet lol :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like the little twerp would have banned you even if you had said sorry. I wouldnt worry too much about it, not alot you can do and nothing you could have done differently. Just a pity you didnt just drive off without delivering his stock!

i got threatened with a ban, from boots site in nottingham.
cos apparently i was doing 22 mph on one of the acess roads. a 20mph area.
i asked if i could have it in writting. so i wouldnt have to go to that f ing toilet again.
unfortunately he let me off with a “please keep your speed down driver”
burger. :confused:

I love it when I’m told that I’m banned from a site.

I really lose a lot of sleep over it…

Ken.

lol just had call at 4am from agency. “Can you be at the sandwich place asap? they need a driver, and ive told them the only one ive got is you”

so, looks like im back in there again, but possibly not as a regular this week, just ad-hoc. hopefully back properly next week. One thing i am gonna do is make sure i get my moneys worth while im there and not bust my balls to get the round done fast, so they save a few £ more.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAGNETIC-CAR-STIC … dZViewItem

Stick one of theese on his car,
by chav neighbour still
hasnt noticed the one i
put on his car over 2 weeks ago :slight_smile:

Quinny:
I love it when I’m told that I’m banned from a site.

I really lose a lot of sleep over it…

Ken.

Me too …

Especially if the site is Netto :laughing:

Them: If you do/don’t do ■■■ you’ll be banned.

Me: Good. Can I have that in writing as well please?

Them: Just make sure you do/don’t do it next time.

When they realise you don’t give a ■■■■, their ability to have any hold over you disappears in an instant. They know they need your stuff, they know you know they need your stuff.

ive been trying to get banned from safeway melbourne for god knows how long now

no joy :angry:

Ring the coppers, tell them how he threatened you etc etc (don’t embelish as it may have been on CCTV) and tell them you thought he was going to assault you and you were afraid for your safety. Then sit back and laugh as he gets nicked and interviewed. Hopefully he’ll walk out of the nick, several hours later either charged or cautioned for his behaviour.

How do you actually report dangerous driving?
I got cut up on A55 on friday a van undertook a car in lane 2 and nearly knock me onto the grass verge. I have the website address and phone number off the back so i might ring up.
The best was yesterday on A55 again by Bangor couple in an audi nearly pushed my girlfriend off the road at a roundabout so i was a mile ahead she rang me and when the caught up the man in a hurry was made to slow down so a reasonable speed :smiley: petty i know but its getting dangerous out there now.

Update:

Did the shift today to get them out the doodoo. Spoke to the TM when i got back and was basically told he cant tell me when i will be back fully.

My reply was “Us drivers bust or balls to get the deliveries done on time, often cutting a few corners (52 in a 50 mph zone etc) putting our licence’s at risk so that you dont get any hassles off the customer. Im fed up of being treated like a peice of meat and being hung out to dry after i beep my horn at someone.”

Anyway 5 mins before i had a call from the agency that placed me at the sandwich factory, im now in full-time at DHL Automotive doing 7.5 tonne for £7.50 p/hour. No more 12 - 4 am starts for me :slight_smile: new start time 6.30 am and working Mon - Thurs , running between Tamworth and Coventry.

Now if the Sandwich place calls up and needs a driver ill tell em where to go :stuck_out_tongue:

good to hear you’ve come out of it better off mate, I’d’ve been fumeing - more with myself for not splatting his nose over his face but hey hoe :laughing:

the world’s full of them :frowning: