Not banned, but refused entry

On a tangent from the other site.
Many years ago I was refused entry to a Coke site, because the trailer was a Pepsi one. :open_mouth:

Similar vein.
Company collected brand new fridge in France for Sainsbury`s. All nice new livery, and to get back to the UK put a full load in it.
Entry refused at Tesco to deliver it.
Transhipped at depot and redelivered later.

Tbf you can see both their points.
To go a step further I used to pull.trailers for 2 members of the SAME group, but with a different name for each branch of the group.
I back loaded and left the trailer in their yard for them to tip it next morning, I got a phone call telling me to take the trailer out asap, as the first thing that could be seen outside was a trailer advertising a ā€˜ā€˜rivalā€™ā€™ā€¦ as I said it was the same group ffs !
They made me take it out,.trans ship it on to one of my own trailersā€¦when tipped I got a bollocking telling me if I did it again Iā€™d lose the job from BOTH members of the group.
Obviously I ate humble pie and apologised and grovelled. :smiley: . :unamused: ā€¦
Hey! Donā€™t judge me it was a bloody good job. :laughing:

Another client refused to load a fridge trailer as it was too new!
Being straight out of the factory the inside had a bit of a smell of plastic and glue, so was knocked back. That was only for one collection of a groupage load, so with a bit of juggling around of loading lists, (and changing of good ole EU documents :smiley: ) all went OK.

As a note: we were always allowed to load new trailers for home as this cut delivery rates for the trailer manufacturers.
(Maybe they didn`t always realise quite how far they went though)

I drove forā€¦

Wincanton when the fleet was ERFs.

They had the St Ivel yoghurt contract out of Chichester. They also had the Muller Yoghurt contract. St Ivel very kindly loaded a Muller trailer when one turned up in Chichester but, stated it would be the first and last time it happened.

I was in a Morrisons RDC once and there was a copy of their ā€œSuppiersā€™ Terms and Conditionsā€ on the desk so I had a brief look at it and the very first thing on the very first page was that they wouldnā€™t accept deliveries on trailers bearing other supermarket chainsā€™ branding.

Harry Monk:
I was in a Morrisons RDC once and there was a copy of their ā€œSuppiersā€™ Terms and Conditionsā€ on the desk so I had a brief look at it and the very first thing on the very first page was that they wouldnā€™t accept deliveries on trailers bearing other supermarket chainsā€™ branding.

Yet I was in Morrisons on Wed and a double decker Asda trailer was being unoaded. Week before I picked up a very diry and old Asda trailer from Great Bear loaded for Sainsbury.

Franglais:
Similar vein.
Company collected brand new fridge in France for Sainsbury`s. All nice new livery, and to get back to the UK put a full load in it.

Primor freight ?

GAZPROM:

Franglais:
Similar vein.

Primor freight ?

:smiley:
in one

i wasnā€™t banned but always refused entry to a certain distribution centreā€¦ i suppose thats why she is the ex missus nowā€¦ :blush: :laughing:

We run only with DSV trailers except 1 which is marked as a TIPE trailer. The TIPE trailer is not allowed into any Scania site in Sweden. Strange when you realise that most DSV trailers are rented from TIPE and just carry DSV markings.

This is hearsay. Heard it from an owner/operator.

Was not refused entry but turned away from Heinz due to the condition of the trailer. Previously collected a load of ā€œwasteā€ oil in drums / IBCs for reprocessing.

Waste in quotation marks as the oil was reprocessed into usable oil. Sadly the drum / pallets were not in the best condition and had left evidence of the previous load on the trailer bed and the curtains.

I used to work for a company who had a large contract with Robert Horne paper (no longer trading). We also picked up some work from Premier Paper in Minworth. We dropped a Robert Horne trailer into Premier once and they kicked up a fuss, but loaded it. When it happened again, they refused to load it, and when it was dropped in there a third time a very stern phonecall was made with threats to stop using my firm if it happened once more. We never dropped a Robert Horne trailer in there again :laughing:

ezydriver:
ā€¦ Robert Horne paper (no longer trading)ā€¦

Ah, that explains it.
I dropped some crated special paper at a Robert Horne depot in the North East, twice.
I got banned from there, twice :smiley:
After the second delivery I never went back :sunglasses:

The first time.
I turned up with these crates on a Euroliner, Iā€™d loaded them in Germany.
Found the place, parked outside, walked in, in yellow gitd vest, found the right person no problem and handed over my paperwork.
ā€œReverse it straight in here driveā€, nice easy reverse in.
ā€œWould you open the side so we can see what weā€™re getting drive?ā€ So I did. Itā€™s a Euroliner, with all the boards fitted, aluminium. We also use clamp-on, cross member, load securing boards. To remove these clamp-on boards, I opened a back door and jumped up inside. Then I hear ā€œOI, YOU, GET OUT OF THEREā€. I realised they meant me, so I removed the clamp-on boards anyway, then get down. ā€œYouā€™re not allowed in the back of your trailerā€, I was told. So I start taking the side boards out from the ground, two complete sections have to be removed because the roof post will have to be moved. The last one to come out has jammed, so I hit it. Bugger me if it doesnā€™t just pop straight out, slide down the board Iā€™m holding and take a chunk out of my arm. So Iā€™m dancing around, cos it stung, shaking my arm and splashing blood about, cursing under my breath about their damned stupid Health and Safety Rools.
Next thing I hear, ā€œI donā€™t like your attitude, take it awayā€. ā€œBrilliant, with pleasureā€, I said. Picked up the boards, threw them in the trailer, shut the curtain and drove out. I pulled up round the corner, to refit the boards the easy way, from inside. Iā€™d better let the boss know I thought. 2 hours later, if you apologise, theyā€™ll take that stuff off. So I went back. They took it off. Iā€™d removed all the boards again, the easy way, before I went back in.

The second time.
Iā€™d collected their crates of paper. Then Iā€™d collected a touch screen, free standing, computerised, tourist information point. A large L shaped thing. Iā€™d wrapped it in cloth and tied it to a clamp-on board, very close to the back door. I turned up at the same Robert Horne depot, thinking I remember this place. So before going in, I removed almost all the side boards I needed to, including the clamp-on boards, so Iā€™d untied this information computer. Same script as before, gitd vest, walk in with paperwork, reverse in here drive, in it goes, easy.
Can you open it up drive? As Iā€™m opening the curtains, the same forkie is chatting with his mate. I gesture towards the information computer and tell him about what it is, please take care because there isnā€™t a lot of room, as Iā€™m taking out the 1 board left in the section. He nods. I take out the 1 board left in the next section and put it on the floor. As I turn back, I realise heā€™s caught the computer somehow and is dragging it towards the edge. So I yell ā€œWOAH!ā€ and stick both arms straight up in the air. He turns from his mate towards me but carries on moving backwards. I shout ā€œSTOP!ā€ this time, which he does, but its too late, the computer topples off the edge. I go and have a look, itā€™s a bit battered :frowning:
So we have to complete an accident report. The last line of my accident report read. ā€˜I expected a company with a Health and Safety regime like this one, to have fork lift operators who didnā€™t require being led by the hand when unloadingā€™. Funnily enough, Iā€™ve never been back.

I also learned that the rules about being on the trailer was ONLY when the sides are open. I only opened the curtain before I was ready, because I was specifically asked to. And the side wasnā€™t wide open either, because it still had load security boards fitted.

gitd = glow in the dark :slight_smile: