not bad pay

Just seen this job not bad money considering what some class 1 get

Valet Car Parking

Job description

Valet Car Parking

Dayshift and Nightshift available

12 hour shift, 4 days on 4 days off

Starting salary £8.30 per hour

My client is looking for an additional team member to help with their busy workload parking customer cars.

You must have a current clean driving licence and be driving for a minimum of 1 year. For insurance purposes you must be over 18 years of age.

Hours are on a 12 hour shift basis and day shift and night shift available. The usual pattern is 4 days on and 4 days off working across a 7 day rota.

Candidates must have good communication skills, have excellent timekeeping and attendance record. Only hard working individuals need apply.

£8.30ph is not a salary alas.

£83,000pa is a salary, and likely to be the average one of those who’s cars you’ll be parking to boot. :wink:

Is that for an airport parking operator?

Wage seems ‘too good to be true’ for anywhere other than Heathrow or Gatwick.

someone in beverley

Wage isn’t as good as it first looks.

Do the maths. 4 on 4 off, meaning you only work 6 months of the year. Hourly paid @ £8.30, you are looking at an annual salary of £10k or so. 4 on 4 off only works when your salaried. If your after part time work though, suppose it’s alright.

If you search the Jobcentre website using keywords : “My client is looking for an additional team member to help with their busy workload parking customer cars.”

Then you’ll come across the same job in just about every town in the UK.

Tell me this isn’t a scam.

Tell me you’re not disgusted that such tripe can end up on a government website.

Something, anything, needs to be done about this. The gullibles will be losing money they just haven’t got & it’s Xmas in a few weeks.

rob22888:

Do the maths. 4 on 4 off, meaning you only work 6 months of the year. Hourly paid @ £8.30, you are looking at an annual salary of £10k or so. 4 on 4 off only works when your salaried. If your after part time work though, suppose it’s alright.

Back to skool with you then, you’re maths is somewhat bollox’d

rob22888:

Do the maths again…

Roymondo:

rob22888:

Do the maths again…

Approx average of 42 hrs a week x £8.30 x 52 = approx £18,000.

Winseer If you were unemployed £8.50 would be a good wage. Eddie.

Roymondo:

rob22888:

Do the maths again…

Oh ■■■■ :laughing:

16 days in a month (taking this month for example), 12 hour shifts = 192 hours = £1593.

On that note think i’ll get my coat :blush:

I don’t know about this particular advert- but I do have a mate who works on airport parking, who throw a car valeting in, his basic is tiny but gets gets a bonus for every car he picks up/delivers on time- a bonus if no complaint is received for cleanliness for every car- the bonuses are not great about £1 for both but as he reckons he can shift 4 cars an hour it soon adds up he works out and I just asked him his hourly rate at peak times is around £15 ph off peak about £10 on a 4 day rolling contract he reckons to take home about £500 per week on average that’s not that bad a wage

rob22888:

Roymondo:

rob22888:

Do the maths again…

Oh [zb] :laughing:

16 days in a month (taking this month for example), 12 hour shifts = 192 hours = £1593.

On that note think i’ll get my coat :blush:

4 on 4 off 12 hour shift means you work 2190 hours a year = £18,615 GROSS £15,478.24 NET

Chas:
Is that for an airport parking operator?

Wage seems ‘too good to be true’ for anywhere other than Heathrow or Gatwick.

Too good to be true?

What airport are we talking about? Lerwick? :smiling_imp:

erfguy:
Winseer If you were unemployed £8.50 would be a good wage. Eddie.

I would agree that £8.50ph is a good wage if you are both unemployed, and living across the road from the workplace, so that going to work there doesn’t cost you all your wages in unpaid time, food, fuel, and wear & tear on your private vehicle. :wink:

Such a wage on a “LIAF” contract would be a cushy number indeed as well… :open_mouth:

I reckon on 4 x 12 making 48.You could do some agency on your days off as well to bump it up a wee bit.