Not a truck this time

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-43916300
I`m guessing if this was a truck the authorities would come down hard on the driver/operator? Will the tractor driver/owner be treated differently?
Either way they done a proper job!

Is that a JCB fastrac having a nap? Bloody farmers! :smiley:

looks expensive to me…

What has he done (hit the bridge I know :unamused: ) because the damage to the masonry looks as if the bridge has been shoved in the opposite direction to the way the tractor was travelling :question:

Also the digger, the top has snapped off the bottom on the turntable :exclamation:

He must have hit it in full flight.

There’s going to be a very sad man at the insurers.

Authorities will deal with farmer just the same as if it were a truck. I know of a farmer recently ticketed by Vosa for an unsafe load. It was a flat bed trailer with those big boxes of spuds. Not strapped but they’ll never move. £100 fine so I don’t think it’s them and us, farmers get dealt with the same.

sent using smoke signals

Proper job 10/10 :unamused:

On red diesel, no O licence… Probably.

I may be wrong but for travelling on the road in any vehicle should have a height indicator in the cab?.
Surely he should Have known what height he had on? If he didn’t can’t see it going down well once it gets investigated.but probably farmer palmer would say "I always go down this road"just not with a digger on.

manski:
What has he done (hit the bridge I know :unamused: ) because the damage to the masonry looks as if the bridge has been shoved in the opposite direction to the way the tractor was travelling :question:

Also the digger, the top has snapped off the bottom on the turntable :exclamation:

He must have hit it in full flight.

There’s going to be a very sad man at the insurers.

Looks like the digger arm hit the metal part of the bridge then slid across to the brick part damaging that!

Just Caught Bridge?

Deleted, due to being nonsense…

Daytrunker:
Surely he should Have known what height he had on?

We’re talking about farmer Barleymow on his tractor. He probably gives about as much thought to vehicle height as we do about sticking our arms up cows’ bumholes.

mick.mh2racing:
Authorities will deal with farmer just the same as if it were a truck. I know of a farmer recently ticketed by Vosa for an unsafe load. It was a flat bed trailer with those big boxes of spuds. Not strapped but they’ll never move. £100 fine so I don’t think it’s them and us, farmers get dealt with the same.

sent using smoke signals

Except the farmer can pay his fine from his rebate and EU Grants [emoji14]

According to bookface is was a Foden that recovered the wreckage :laughing: