Not a happy mutt

Due to an “apparent” accident one of my posts was altered in a wya that only a moderator could have done, i have since been told that this was done in error an i fail to believe this.

Farewell trucknetuk an good luck in the future one of youe biggest fans is has switched the light off behind him as he left, no point replying to this as i will DEFINATELY not be back.

I dont want to name names but if the mods feel that they can alter posts when they want to thats fine you go ahead and run the site the way you want.

I,m outta here.

Bye

People make mistakes. Accidents happen. The moderator concerned apologised. What’s the problem? :unamused:

For the record, folks…Simon went to quote one of Jammymutt’s posts and hit “edit” instead of “quote” by accident. He didn’t realise until Jammymutt mentioned it in the chatroom, at which point the problem was quickly sorted…Jammymutt had already returned his post to it’s original state, so nothing to do there…Simon apologised unreservedly on the spot. He has also since apologised by PM.

I admit to be being very sharp with Jammymutt after the event, and have also apologised for that.

No big deal, no conspiracy, no liberties intentionally taken, no harm done, an honest mistake. It happens. We’re all human.

When any one of you can honestly claim to be perfect, then you can shout about others mistakes. Until then…? Either accept the apology and explanation given, or don’t. Simple.

Why on earth you think Simon would have made such an edit deliberately, never mind then lying about it (when there was no need to hold his hands up at all!) is beyond me…but I guess we’ll never know. :unamused:

Ooops posted the same time as Lucy (so edited post!)

Good luck Jammymutt and look after yourself.

I am sorry that Jammymutt has taken my error this way, I too enjoy reading his posts.

As a moderator, I can edit posts to remove inappropriate material :question: . The edit button is next to the quote button, which is what I clicked, entirely by mistake :blush: . Then, thinking I was quoting a post, I added a line then posted it. That altered Jammy’s post so it didn’t really make sense :blush: :blush: . Unfortunately, because I was also in the chatroom, chatting to, among others Jammy, I didnt check my post so didnt realise I’d done it till Jammy mentioned it in the chatroom.
I apologised straight away, there and then, but Jammy decided that he wasnt staying and left immediately :frowning: :frowning: .

Nearly done it myself.

But Rikki holds the record, for deleting a weeks worth of my time, before the current forums even came on line. :smiling_imp:

I’ve er had a slight finger malfunction myself. As Simon’s said, the edit button’s next to the quote button. Their’s nothing insiduous about it. Mistakes happen - I seem to remember “someone” dropped a trailer not so long back.

Maybe whoever can do it should look at moving the Edit button if it can be done?

Anyway, it happens. People have to sort it out, and I would suspect Simon’s feeling rotten about it :frowning: . Jammy seems man enough to realise a mistake’s been made and accept the apology given. Having said that, if he wants to cut his nose off to spite his face and go off on one, then fine :unamused:.

Simon doesn’t need the grief from a genuine error and neither does anyone else. However, mistakes happen. All that can be said after the event is sorry.

Cheers

Ian.

Jammymutt if you are still reading the site posts ,then mate the person
who made that edit has said sorry in the chat room .to you by PM. and also
again here, get a life people make mistakes and when they are adult
enough to admit it and apoligise sorry you are reacting wrongly, the
quote &edit buttons are together thats a big mistake as complacency
leads to makeing mistakes, which is what happened, all I can add is
if you are still set on leaveing all the best inwhat ever you do in the future
The moderators are human and therefore not infallible mate…

I think JM has had a serious sense of humour failure :stuck_out_tongue:

3 score year and 10, then yer dead :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

does that mean lifes too short wn :question:

Oh well…another one bites the dust.

JM…this is playground stuff…stop screwing around and get posting again :unamused: :smiley: unless you have had a major brain ■■■■ of course■■?
Anyway we would miss you to much…SO STOP BEING SILLY!

Bully

mezzzz1211:

Wheel Nut:

does that mean lifes too short wn :question:

that was the general meaning.

Its an internet forum, with flying dummies and spit :smiley: