Not a good start to the week then

I was sitting at home yesterday afternoon and get a call from one of our O/O’s who is delivering to Ben & Jerry’s, he tells me they had a water main break and halted production so couldn’t unload his stuff until 11.00pm and he had to go and get a second load from somewhere to somewhere else so couldn’t stop and the company said I would take my load up, drop it, pump the trailer he dropped then drop that and unload my own ! … nice of them to ask me LOL. I arrived at Ben & Jerry’s at 10.30pm to sort his load out and find him in the recieving bay unloading ‘Solves that then’ I thought, but no ! Not only was there no need to be there to empty him tanker but my load had been pushed to 3.00pm Monday :frowning:
Just drop the trailer and bobtail home, then return tomorrow and unload they said and my company agree’d with that after all it’s only 100 miles each way to home and that nothing by the standards over here, then I get to remember the weather forecast for today (Monday) snow followed by an ice storm and the thought of trying to negotiate VT route 22A bobtail in an ice storm wasn’t a good choice. So here I sit at a fuel stop in St Albans VT, meanwhile my lovely wife who’s birthday it is will be fuming at my company.

best we all wish Pats wife happy birthday then…

cliffystephens:
best we all wish Pats wife happy birthday then…

Happy birthday Pat’s wife :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But wait ! … there’s worse :frowning:
I started at 3.00pm and unloaded, called dispatch and they asked, “Can you do some preloads in Yonkers starting at one o’clock Pat ?”
“yeah, no problem” I then told the missus I would be home in 2 hours for the evening and night and set out to find heavy snow and as usual no salt whatsoever in Vermont (not been invented there yet), so I am thinking Ok, take it steady and just get home a little late. Sitting in traffic in Shelbourn VT I just click on my messages to check the preload number and see they meant 01.00am FFS, so I have to call the wife and panic :astonished:
Took me 9 hours to get back down to NYC in firstly the snow, then the ice storm and no stop off at home :frowning:

My visit to your part of the world went much more smoothly. I got to Portland, PA on sunday evening in 10:48 minutes driving which is the first time I’ve ever actually managed it in less than 11 actual hours. They started to tip me at 7am and finished at 12:30 at which time I jogged up to Liverpool, NY near Syracuse in that slushy snowy type crap that had just about everybody dawdling along at 30mph as I flew past in the hammer lane with perfect traction. I stopped for a shower at the Flying J in New Milford, PA only to find that the hot water system issues has not been rectified and had to endure a crap hot, warm, cold, hot, warm, cold shower that finally petered out and remained cold leaving me not best pleased. I then arrived at the shipper in Liverpool and parked in their yard until Tuesday morning where they took all morning to load me and then one hitted it home to our yard in NB with a half an hour break chucked in between Montreal and Quebec finally arriving home at 1am Wednesday morning after 11.15 driving. I was meant to be going back out again today (Wednesday) as apparently they had loads of work…yet I’m still sat at home without the slightest idea of what Thursday will bring. I’ve asked for a nice long trip out west…so it’ll probably be something boring like Pennsylvania or North Carolina yet again.