Norwegian Tolls

Hi all

As mentioned in an earlier post enquiring about Norway we currently have a vehicle in Stavanger , i noticed that there are various road tolls and told the driver to just put it on his card , but after speaking with him he seems to have gone from Brevik to Stavanger without paying and in his words "It gets billed to the vehicle owners using ANPR " Now im finding this hard to believe that they will bill a foreign vehicle , surely you must have to pay somehow , maybe the same way as the german system , please help if you know as i would rather he didnt get locked up or receive a massive fine, Thanks :wink:

young trucker:
As mentioned in an earlier post enquiring about Norway we currently have a vehicle in Stavanger , i noticed that there are various road tolls and told the driver to just put it on his card , but after speaking with him he seems to have gone from Brevik to Stavanger without paying and in his words "It gets billed to the vehicle owners using ANPR " Now im finding this hard to believe that they will bill a foreign vehicle , surely you must have to pay somehow , maybe the same way as the german system , please help if you know as i would rather he didnt get locked up or receive a massive fine, Thanks :wink:

we regulary use the e18 from oslo to brevik there is a camera system that clocks ure reg etc to my knowledge havent had any bills sent to our company which is uk based as is the truck uk reg i only ever once paid the toll fee that was on my first trip you pay at most service stations cost about £3 also once was clocked by speed camera again never heird a thing i wouldt worry :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Try reading through the link below the 2nd one will also be of interest
HERE-1
and this is another ONE-HERE
HERE is a link to a list of links that you can have a look through and pick out that which APPLY S
TO YOU; hope it helps also look at the euro stickys there should be some links posted there as well
HERE-AS -WELL
this is also posted in the eurostickys HEREPLEASE read it is worth it,.,

Thanks guys , looks like the link to the auto pass site says they will send out bill to vehicle owner as our driver had been told , fingers crossed they dont :wink:

I thought you were supposed to get an autopass thingy at the border/port and then use appropriate lane at the booths. or “manual” if you don’t have autopass. sometimes the automats failed to register you (showing red light) but you could still go through and pay later at fuel station.
but maybe it’s just me and my stupid advices… when you can get away with not paying…

though the norwegians like to welcome you with a speeding ticket from your previous visit, they may do the same with tolls at some point…

Well just as a follow up , received a penalty charge notice this morning for non payment of norwegian road tolls , looks like a £2.78 toll and a £33.40 fine , swines , there is a company in london called epcplc that tracks you down on behalf of foreign authorities , i just hope thats all thats coming. Lesson learned on that one :blush: :blush:

if you pay the bill then that should be the end of it
sorry but ignorance is not accepted as a excuse by any
one in the enforcement area , the International transport
office used to do small booklets which held lots of information for
transport, But it also boils down to a TM or driver taking
the time to do research when it is a first time trip,
all the best for the future,

Been through a few Norwegian Toll Booths this week, and its quite an easy system to deal with.
For the occassional visitor, its easy to pay by cash or credit card at the ‘manual booth’.
As an alternative, again using the manual booth, ask to pay later and you’re issued a ticket with various payment details on it.
Simply log-on to their site within 14 days of the passage, and by quoting the reference number and adding a few details such as
Reg. No., country of origin, etc, payment can then be made by credit-card.