Norwegian Axle Question

Can anyone with some Nordic knowledge help me out with a little question?? I have just tried to register on a Norwegian trucking forum to help improve my language skills as I can read and write Bokmål to a reasonable level nowadays. Like most forums they ask you an anti-spam question upon registration and for me they asked something along the lines of "hvor mange akslinger har vanligvis semitralle?? I initially thought it meant how many axles does a semi-trailer usually have? So I answered 3 but that was wrong, so I then thought maybe they mean the tractor unit and trailer so I answered 6 which still came back wrong. The word I would usually associate with trailer is “henger” or “tilhenger” but I’ve seen semitralle too, so have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick? I would of thought that most combinations in Norway would run on 6 axles although there are obviously lots of exceptions. Hmm■■? Got me confused… Can anyone up North answer this one??

Not sure about the answer as not familiar with norweigan trucks but could it be like the states where most trailers are just twin axle so the combination is just 5 axles?

m1cks:
Not sure about the answer as not familiar with norweigan trucks but could it be like the states where most trailers are just twin axle so the combination is just 5 axles?

I always ran 3x3 combination with air lift leading axle fridge with tag axle unit.My grasp of Norwegian is sadly quite poor.Doubt it’s of help to OP.

Hi duck.You should pm Chris54 as he is an owner driver living in the North of Norway.He drives a road train 3+3 so he will have the relevant info for u.Our rules are different to Norway.Mike

Do you try to write the word six (english or norge language?) or do you try the Number 6? Some pages don´t wan´t the number…only the written word…
I´m not sure…

Try ■■■… Or tre.

Try ■■■?? Fantastic idea!! But with whom?? No money, no honey!! :laughing: :laughing:
I know what you mean though… “Nummer tre for 3 eller nummer seks for 6”.

It doesn’t matter too much now, I’m taking a trip to Stavanger next week to watch ice hockey and speak to a haulage company in Sandnes about a job later in the year.
Will have to see if they can understand me though, I’ve been taught Oslo Norwegian but they’ve got a strong dialect in Western Norway apparently. Having said that, I’ve always found that Scandinavians speak better English than a lot of Brits in any case.

Duck:
Try ■■■?? Fantastic idea!! But with whom?? No money, no honey!! :laughing: :laughing:
I know what you mean though… “Nummer tre for 3 eller nummer seks for 6”.

It doesn’t matter too much now, I’m taking a trip to Stavanger next week to watch ice hockey and speak to a haulage company in Sandnes about a job later in the year.
Will have to see if they can understand me though, I’ve been taught Oslo Norwegian but they’ve got a strong dialect in Western Norway apparently. Having said that, I’ve always found that Scandinavians speak better English than a lot of Brits in any case.

Yes, sorry, ■■■ in swedish, seks in norwegian.

Yeah, never mind I knew exactly what you meant though… :laughing: :laughing:
I’ve often wondered how easy it is for Norwegians, Swedes and Danes to understand each other… I can’t really read Swedish but I can understand a bit when they talk and with Danes it’s the opposite. I can read a bit because it’s quite similar to Norwegian but when they speak I can’t understand! As for Finnish, forget about it, I’m not bad at other languages but I’ve heard it’s one of the most difficult tongues in the World to master.