Norway...

From Hampshire to north of bergen in a 7.5t I see a couple of choices…

1- Ferry from immingham-brevik then days drive to Bergen area?
2-Dover-Calais & drive to hirtshalls (top of Denmark) and ferry to Bergen?

Just wondering if anybody has any experience of these routes?

Thanks all…

Just remember,whichever way you book ferries that the Tourist time has started so be sure of your booking as many people use the ferries as a sort of ‘‘mini-Cruise’’.You can Always drive up from Oslo now that most of the snow has gone [good for photos].Mike

We go to Bergen through Hamburg, then ferry from Germany to Denmark, Kopenhagen, bridge to Sweden and then up to Oslo and E34 or something IIRC. Obviously is the quickest route for vans. Don’t know if it pays for 7.5t though.

we use both of your routes …brevic is best but dearer than color line to kristaiansand…book your boats through motis ireland…will save a shed load of money…don’t go inland from brevic or k/sand…roads are rubbish…stick to main route via stavanger…you’ll get billed for the tolls about 8 weeks from getting back…if you use the little boats north of stavanger use a visa card…take a camera its beautiful…cheers

Cheers for the info, looks like I’m going immingham - brevik and driving to Bergen , well we’ve been told its an island north of Bergen, that’s fine I can only see hundreds of them north of Bergen…lol…spoke to motis today and they were cheaper in but about the same out…actually dfds direct were the cheapest both ways…

good luck …immingham boat is spot on… take a few beers etc on with you…spotless boat…solo cabins…take camera up as the last bit into brevic is beautiful…max of 12 passengers total on boat its really chilled…food ok and inc in ticket…cheers

Ray Whites go to Norway.Why are they not posting.?

toby1234abc:

We have… Vann Rouge works for me.

Norway is great. Not been myself, too busy driving a desk. But have seen plenty of pictures. Stunning scenery in Summer or Winter. Best route for me is Dover/Calais then Hirtshalls/Kristiansaand. Depending on where you tip & reload you need to have funds for all the little ferries to hop between the islands. One trip last week was, Welsh lamb to Stravanger - Up to one of the islands to load fresh Salmon to Boulogne Sur Mer, then Loaded Cheese from near Boulogne to Avonmouth. Cracking job for me & the driver. Total job from start to finish had the driver going on 10 boats !!

toby1234abc:

And another reason why I have not been posting recently is due to getting kicked to death all the time just by posting a picture of a nice truck.

WhiteWhiteWhite:

toby1234abc:

And another reason why I have not been posting recently is due to getting kicked to death all the time just by posting a picture of a nice truck.

Not like you to let people get to you, just ignore the philistines. :laughing:
I’m sure if they had the chance just to stand beside one of your trucks , the jaw would drop, let alone what they would do just sitting in the drivers seat .
Saw two of yours , this morning London bound on the M20. I often see them in Portsmouth when I’m either coming over to work or going home, lovely bit of kit

We were going to go via hitshals but it needed another job on the way to make it worth it time wise…Now we are back to plan A and I’m going immingham - brevik which goes via Gothenburg…then 280miles across Norway to an island north of Bergen load a car and back to brevik, the ferry is a day & half later then back to immingham via Gothenburg again…total of 9days away so must buy the wife something or maybe just take loads of pictures of the scenery :slight_smile: thanks for all the advice etc and I for 1 like to look at ya trucks mate and hear about all the places ya trucks visit as its great to see somebody working hard and sharing the rewards with there drivers…

good luck fella…you’ll love it…cheers

truckertang:
We were going to go via hitshals but it needed another job on the way to make it worth it time wise…Now we are back to plan A and I’m going immingham - brevik which goes via Gothenburg…then 280miles across Norway to an island north of Bergen load a car and back to brevik, the ferry is a day & half later then back to immingham via Gothenburg again…total of 9days away so must buy the wife something or maybe just take loads of pictures of the scenery :slight_smile: thanks for all the advice etc and I for 1 like to look at ya trucks mate and hear about all the places ya trucks visit as its great to see somebody working hard and sharing the rewards with there drivers…

The route then would be up on the 36 from Porsgrunn to e134 and over Haukeli, turn down on Road 13 and the Ferry over to rv7 at Brimmnes. Then instead of taking RV7 I would take the tunnel up to e16

The road over Haukeli are closed at night, roadworks in the tunnels. Scheduled passing every 4h.
RV 7 works to drive but is quite small at some places. On the other hand you only drive a 7,5t so then it would work.
To make it in 1½ day is really being on the Limit. It might not be that long but look at the times ex google maps calculate. It’s a heavy road to drive. Forget cruising along at 80km/h, Bergen - Porsgrunn is close to 9h drive with fully loaded truck and 700hp. Consumption you don’t want to look at