Norway

Driving upto Norway from Gothenberg,never been to Norway,can anyone give me any info on the border crossing,customs,road tax…

where abouts are you going in norway? customs is a doddle crossing from sweden, there are a few road tolls about so make sure you have some norwegen kroner for these, although there are not too many of them

goin to loten,n2340,do they take shell or dkv for tolls?

DKV not accepted, as for Shell they can arrange a Bropass (Tag box). You can pay by cash or credit card. Never sent anything other than vans there but the Norwegian system is very good, you can drive through without paying and they will send an invoice to the registered owner for payment. This can be done online and incurrs no extra costs. Not sure if this applies to vehicles over 3.5t though.

Here you have a link to the toll box thing:

autopass.no/Visitors/Visitors%27+Payment

Going to Løten, from Göteborg… just follow the E6, to rv3, then follow rv3 for a little while, and you will get there.
You should be able to get there in a single 4.5 period from the border.

There are a few roadworks a bit north of Oslo, but not too bad.

garybow41:
Driving upto Norway from Gothenberg,never been to Norway,can anyone give me any info on the border crossing,customs,road tax…

If your driving along the e18 past oslo towards kristiansands theres a lot of road works building new road be aware of delays ive just come back lots of holiday traffic also if u need a shower some of the shell garages have showers cost about £3 and spotlest i use the one just of the e18 in bramble near brevik dock also watch your speeds and drive with headlights on during day enjoy its a great country :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

garybow41:

Who u on for mate may c u out there do u ship from brevik dfds immingham

vegvesen.no/_attachment/71419/binary/38454
It’s a big file, with lots of info.

I found it in the Euro Drivers Info Point (a sticky at the top of this forum.).

thanks for the info,just got back,and after 1st time there i want to move there,any info on getting work there would be good? met abloke on the boat back from brevik,he got 2 boys who live and work over there and has give me a lead on a job.

Hi all. Gary.Remember they have about 6 months winter in the north, :open_mouth: [we already have min temps at night here]If you want to work in Norway or Sweden take a holiday and go round first.In the south they have a lot of east block drivers so the further north you go the more chance you have.The work ethic is different to the uk so be prepared. :exclamation: There’s a guy coming up here soon on a motorbike for a holiday and he’s stopping at my place to get a look in the mine up here for driving work. :slight_smile: There is work about but you must be serious about moving,it’s not just around the corner[i live 3000kms north of London] :open_mouth: Take care.Mike

garybow41:
thanks for the info,just got back,and after 1st time there i want to move there,any info on getting work there would be good? met abloke on the boat back from brevik,he got 2 boys who live and work over there and has give me a lead on a job.

Try bloomquist or tipp transport they are based around the porsgrunn area they run out of brevik dock on containers etc i work for a uk company in norway like another post said even in norway now theres alot of
eastern europeans working there i flew home one christmas from torp airport and there was 8 norway reg trucks parked in the airport carpark with polish drivers flying home for xmas

GBPub:
DKV not accepted, as for Shell they can arrange a Bropass (Tag box). You can pay by cash or credit card. Never sent anything other than vans there but the Norwegian system is very good, you can drive through without paying and they will send an invoice to the registered owner for payment. This can be done online and incurrs no extra costs. Not sure if this applies to vehicles over 3.5t though.

■■■■! I knew I forgot something! I was to pay my tolls on line after my last trip…

Well, I guess they do not send invoices to foreign registered vans there, otherwise I would hear from boss by now :blush: :blush: :blush:

OMG! :open_mouth:
You better stay away from home…they might find you!!!

kberg:
OMG! :open_mouth:
You better stay away from home…they might find you!!!

Well, when I was there last time and paid it on the gas station, the guy was very unhappy, as he did not had an info from the system of the roads I used. He said that system does not work for foreign registered vehicles and, actually, he was trying to make me resign from paying, persuading me that they will never catch me and that I am a sucker for even trying to pay (well, that’s what you call a zealous worker, isnt’ it?).

But I am a hopelessly honest person, so I insisted. He charged me 12 crowns for all the way from Oslo to somewhere north from Stavanger, and I don’t believe it was a right price.

So I am not afraid that they will catch me, I simply feel bad as I never paid.

orys, how long is it since you were there? We have had invoices come through the post upto 3 months after the vehicle was there.

GBPub:
orys, how long is it since you were there? We have had invoices come through the post upto 3 months after the vehicle was there.

over 8 months since first time, when they undercharged me (I think so) and like a month since last one.

Does the invoices ask you only for regular price, or there is some penalty charges?

Regular toll price, no surcharges.

Ah, that’s ok then. So I am just fully legal, as on the English language information post was written that to do nothing and have invoice send is one of the options :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t worry about it :grimacing:

tolls… done 3 loads of hanging lambs to just south of stavanger drove through autopass lanes. we just got bill now… job was done in april and may… bill sent by a parking enforcement co from london…beautiful country…too many speed cameras…cheers