norway

Well, im off too norway next monday from england and around the surrounding countrys. then up from denmark into norway

if anyone has done this trip before, there anything to look out for? or general tips?

Ta =)

you need Norwegian money (coins etc) to pay at the toll places as cards are not accepted, plan route carefully and take in to account whether or not any Norwegian ferries need to be used as most of these only accept cash or Visa/Mastercard

Watch your speed, they are red hot on it , rightly so :smiley:

last time i drove in norway was in the car, never been in the truck, looking forward to being paid to do it this time tho! :stuck_out_tongue:

its SUCH a beautiful country! purely epic scenery…just a shame its so expensive!

Vascoingles:
you need Norwegian money (coins etc) to pay at the toll places as cards are not accepted, plan route carefully and take in to account whether or not any Norwegian ferries need to be used as most of these only accept cash or Visa/Mastercard

Cards are accepted on toll roads and you can use your shell fuel card if you have one. But it’s true that ferries are taking only Visa/Mastercard on Norwegian cash.

Also you can get a box on the border for the toll roads, or you can pay at toll booths and garages for the roads you were using.

roger red hat:
Well, im off too norway next monday from england and around the surrounding countrys. then up from denmark into norway

if anyone has done this trip before, there anything to look out for? or general tips?

Ta =)

If you get Color Line ferry from north of Denmark to Christiansand, last time I was there they had a great deal on Heineken beer in duty free shop :wink:

orys:
Cards are accepted on toll roads and you can use your shell fuel card if you have one. But it’s true that ferries are taking only Visa/Mastercard on Norwegian cash.

they certainly don’t accept debit cards on toll roads and very few fuel cards. they also might accept a fuel card at one toll booth and not accept it at the next. I used to bring cash to be sure, now I have a routex card. They all accept euros as well.

and regardind the duty free shop - norway has a very low limit on importing alcohol and tobacco, as it is not in the EU. 2l of beer iirc, strictly enforced as well.

and definitely bring chains as they check for them as well at the border. If you don’t have them, then you’ll have to turn back to sweden and the nearest place to buy them is 50km from the svinesund border

milodon:

orys:

they certainly don’t accept debit cards on toll roads and very few fuel cards. they also might accept a fuel card at one toll booth and not accept it at the next. I used to bring cash to be sure, now I have a routex card. They all accept euros as well.

Well, they did accepted them when I was there around Christmas… They did not wanted Euros on that ferry north from Stavanger, so I had to pay with my own visa card…

and regardind the duty free shop - norway has a very low limit on importing alcohol and tobacco, as it is not in the EU. 2l of beer iirc, strictly enforced as well.

Yeah, but noone is going to drink it while driving in Norway, I was rather refering to taking it on the way back home :wink:

orys:
Well, they did accepted them when I was there around Christmas… They did not wanted Euros on that ferry north from Stavanger, so I had to pay with my own visa card…

they who? the ferries or the tollbooths? I was only talking about the tollbooths.

milodon:

orys:

they who? the ferries or the tollbooths? I was only talking about the tollbooths.

The toolbooths accepted my Shell Euro card no problem. As for the ferry, I was using only one internal Norwegian crossing during my trip and they did not accepted Shell card, nor they did not wanted Euro, so I had to pay with my private Visa card.

so the euroshell card is one of the very few. and yes, the domestic ferries don’t accept any fuel cards or euros. btw it’s did not want and did not accept :wink:

Yes, I ave to say that shell cards seems to be widely accepted everywhere.

Feel free to correct my grammar, I never learned English in any organized way, therefore my grammar sux and all help is appretiated :slight_smile:

The peages don’t accept debit cards, but you can opt to pay later. Ask at the booth for the pay later option
and they will give you a ticket which has all the pay later details on it. Simply go online within 14 days of passage, and pay using your debit or credit card. The online site is AUTOPASS.NO

gb1:
The peages don’t accept debit cards, but you can opt to pay later. Ask at the booth for the pay later option
and they will give you a ticket which has all the pay later details on it. Simply go online within 14 days of passage, and pay using your debit or credit card. The online site is AUTOPASS.NO

I was using some road with number plate recognition and after I just pulled over for the garage with sign that they service toll roads and just told them where I am going from and they charged me apriopriate sum.

They were kind of surprised that I am willing to pay, as they say foreign number plates are not recognized therefore I would never be caught, but I am just a strange man who don’t like to steal, so I insisted :grimacing:

orys:

gb1:

I was using some road with number plate recognition and after I just pulled over for the garage with sign that they service toll roads and just told them where I am going from and they charged me apriopriate sum.

They were kind of surprised that I am willing to pay, as they say foreign number plates are not recognized therefore I would never be caught, but I am just a strange man who don’t like to steal, so I insisted :grimacing:

I think you may well be right concerning the ANPR facility, but with the toll-booth operations, they will
invoice, with an additional fine, if payment isn’t made within 14 days. The tolls at booths do tend to be the more expensive ones though,so they’re probably worth chasing.

gb1:
I think you may well be right concerning the ANPR facility, but with the toll-booth operations, they will
invoice, with an additional fine, if payment isn’t made within 14 days. The tolls at booths do tend to be the more expensive ones though,so they’re probably worth chasing.

Off course I am willing to pay for everything, and not only because it’s at company expense. I just found amusing that the person who’s responsible to charge me is discouraging me from paying :slight_smile:

You can pass through the via verde or green lanes on Portuguese motorway tolls,along as the GNR are not on duty there,only traces the local number plates to send the fine for dodging the tolls.

toby1234abc:
You can pass through the via verde or green lanes on Portuguese motorway tolls,along as the GNR are not on duty there,only traces the local number plates to send the fine for dodging the tolls.

■■? the portmadog cob does not have a toll now, just incase you ar going to norway via north wales, or via portrugal. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

browncow2:

toby1234abc:

■■? the portmadog cob does not have a toll now, just incase you ar going to norway via north wales, or via portrugal. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: