Norway Job (incl. photos)

Been offered a job based in Elverum, Norway as a kind of transport manager for a large funfair. Unlike the UK and other parts of Europe where most of the rides are individually owned, here one company operates the entire show and splits the rides in to two seperate divisions during the summer season. Predominantly Scania fleet of about 15 trucks with a few Volvos thrown in as well (what else would you expect in Scandanavia?). Haven’t decided if I’m going for it or not but if I take the job my first task could be running down to Rovigo in Italy to collect a new machine for next season. Could also be crossing the border in to Sweden (and possibly Denmark) to do some fairs. Might be flying out on Ryanair to Oslo next week for interview. Does anyone have any feedback about Norway and Scandanavia in general?? I know it’s VERY expensive and the minimum wage is something like £10-11 an hour, plus taxes on alcohol etc. are very high. Been told I can get a work permit in 2 days, just need your EU passport… Anyway, here’s a few of the transport photos that I’ve been sent by e-mail.

norway6.jpg

norway5.jpg

Hi ■■■■.Used to go a lot to Elverum when i worked for Pilkington,nice town,nice area. :smiley:
I don’t think that it’s so expensive anymore in scandinavia,Europe has caught up.Yes,certain things are expensive such as alcohol but if you’r not an alcoholic then it’s not a problem.Anyway the wages are good enough to give a very good standard\quality of life up here.
Just make sure you get all work papers in order so you don’t have problems later.Norway is not EU so the rules are a little different but still easy. :question:
Remember even so far south as Elverum it can still get very cold for long periods through the winter, :open_mouth: but on the plus side there is so much to do in that area you don’t get bored[if you have any free time that is] :wink: .Good luck.Mike

Humble apologies,i meant to write Duck but got in a mucking fuddle. :blush: Mike

“You being serious Clarke” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

if youve researched the job, and it all add’s up, then why the heck not, it’s not one of your everyday jobs, and would be interesting to boot, i say go for it!

hutpik:
Humble apologies,i meant to write Duck but got in a mucking fuddle. :blush: Mike

Ok Mike, I’ll forgive you on this occasion then :laughing:

Boss seems very nice, exchanged a few e-mails and phone calls in recent days. The job includes food, accomodation and living costs but the salary isn’t really enough considering the amount of work or stress involved. He’s going to get back to me over the weekend with an improved offer so I’ll just have to wait and see. I’m hoping it works out as I’ve just done a short stint on curtainsiders here in the UK and pretty much hated it although it wasn’t the best of firms to be fair (not mentioning names :smiley: ). If I go over next week, I’ve been told to fly in to Oslo Gardermoen on Norwegian and then take a bus but the ticket prices are much higher than Ryanair. Thinking of flying in to Rygge and then renting a car to drive up to Elverum (about 200km). If it happens does anyone fancy a photo diary of the trip :question:
One of their drivers posted a video up on Youtube with some nice scenery footage which I’ll try to find later but for now here’s a few more lorry loads of fun:- :laughing:

norway8.jpg