Norway expand winter tires rules from 2015

Simon:

milodon:
actually, it’s not me sticking up for anybody, just merely pointing out a few possible inaccuracies. whilst there have been a few fierce defendors of the lands east of frankfurt oder, I am not one of them. but that doesn’t mean I will sit idle and let some unhappy person spit out baseless slander (not you of course)

I have been keeping my eyes on that, but seen you’ve been holding your own.
It’s usually all done and dusted by the time I see it anyway, cos I’m only on-line here weekends. Jumping in with my big size 12 boots, after they’ve already been slapped down, would probably be counter productive.
Don’t hesitate to report posts that get out of hand though. I may not be here, but others are.

Helt enig,stakkers jæval :smiley:

Hi guys! So got my new winter tyres yesterday :smiley: first time on Continental hope they are as good that i hope…
Chris and Mike what are your toughts about conti?

Danne

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Danne.They look ok for international work.I can’t really say how good they are as we get a good deal on Michelin,and on most of our road trucks we have ‘‘dubb däck’’ so it’s a bit different as they are '‘grus\plög’'bil.
On the mine [gruva] bil we have ‘‘off road’’ tyres.
I had some Conti’s on a bil and släp for a guy last winter and they seemed to work ok.As we do only local work here we have softer tyres than for ‘‘international’’ use and as its Lappland we have slightly different rules to other parts of Sweden.
Good luck with them and ‘‘drive safetly’’.
Remember if you ever get up this way you are always welcome for coffee.By the way today its -15c.

Hi Danne,

Push your finger into the rubber and see if you can get a little dint in them,thats what makes a good winter tyre,soft rubber,they look ok with lots of seiping,ie lots of cut lines across them,i only use Bridgstone 970 with pig,but thats because i only drive in Norway now,good luck and let Mike and me know how it goes, “kjøre pent,god tur,” :slight_smile:

Chris

Hi! I think maby they are a bit to soft for our stuff,Im afraid that they wont last whole winter. We are in the heavyhuling game so the loads are heavy and maby the tyres Will break up if you Know what i mean…

Danne

image.jpg

hutpik:
Hi Danne.They look ok for international work.I can’t really say how good they are as we get a good deal on Michelin,and on most of our road trucks we have ‘‘dubb däck’’ so it’s a bit different as they are '‘grus\plög’'bil.
On the mine [gruva] bil we have ‘‘off road’’ tyres.
I had some Conti’s on a bil and släp for a guy last winter and they seemed to work ok.As we do only local work here we have softer tyres than for ‘‘international’’ use and as its Lappland we have slightly different rules to other parts of Sweden.
Good luck with them and ‘‘drive safetly’’.
Remember if you ever get up this way you are always welcome for coffee.By the way today its -15c.

I almost local this days but if i ever got north i Will let you Know when to Put the coffey on :smiley:
Im of to but winter tyres on wifes Subaru now there i use Hakka and they are GREAT! :smiley:
Have a good weekend!

We also have a ‘‘tungdrager’’ so i know thwey ‘‘eat’’ tyres.
I also have ‘‘Hakka 7 suv dubbdack’’ on my pick up.As you say they really are ‘great’.

Love em,they are the bees knees,

tyres.jpg

Simon:
Snow tires in Norway, new laws - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Is this the same rules change?

No, these are even more strict than last season.

See this:

kberg:
An english version here, sorry, but it is just a pdf.

vegvesen.no/_attachment/7009 … 014-15.pdf

PS! Don’t forget about the AutoPass, EasyGo or GO Box chip that is also needed from 2015.
autopass.no/_attachment/7356 … ry/1002703