Norway bound

I’m of yo Norway in two weeks! Via immingham/ Gothenburg ferry! Does the vignette cover Norway ? Any places to park nr Oslo.? Thanks.

THE FIN103:
I’m of yo Norway in two weeks! Via immingham/ Gothenburg ferry! Does the vignette cover Norway ? Any places to park nr Oslo.? Thanks.

The dfds torline boat takes you to brevik Norway via Gothenburg it used to leave Immingham early sun morn arrive 8/9 am at brevik on the mon about 2 half hour drive to Oslo on the E18 which from what I recall has a toll which our company forgot to pay for nearly a year :blush: not sure where to park around Oslo only used to go as far as skien,porsgrunn,larvik,torp,tonsburgh,great boat good grub.

Used to be able to park near the Colorline ferry terminal just outside the town centre. If heading a bit further North towards Kjeller or Gardermoen airport on the E6 I used to overnight at the Statoil in Berger. Think it costs about 200-250 kroner per night but the company I worked for paid for a season ticket with access to the onsite “Trucker’s Club”. They’ve got a separate toilet/shower, washing machine, coffee maker and flat screen TV/DVD player in the lounge area. You need a credit card type key to get in there but if you ask one of the locals nicely they might let you in. Everyone speaks English and I found it’s a good idea to casually let others know that you’re from the UK. They seemed to blatantly hate Eastern Europeans at certain places as far as I could make out but were intrigued why a Brit would want to move to Norway.

“Norsk Selskap-Norsk Bil-Norsk Sjåfør” is sometimes written on the trucks and it means, “Norwegian Company-Norwegian Car*-Norwegian Driver”

• For some reason they often refer to a truck as a “car” regardless of size especially when speaking in English.

People generally don’t speak unless spoken to… It’s a bit strange at first but it’s just the way they are and they don’t mean anything by it.

Very expensive to eat and drink… A “kro” is the nearest thing that they have to a transport cafe. “Dagens lunsj” is the daily special and usually quite decent.

Last time I was there I simply parked in the port. There’s loads space by the unaccompanied trailers and the port is open rather than fenced in. It’s close enough to the city centre to stroll in and enjoy an evening out. Lovely city, but expensive. I made the most of it! :wink: Robert

Thank lads for info[emoji1]it’s the OBU for the tolls I’m concerned about! The info I have is that you Carnt use cash or card. Only OBU. Any more info please?

THE FIN103:
Thank lads for info[emoji1]it’s the OBU for the tolls I’m concerned about! The info I have is that you Carnt use cash or card. Only OBU. Any more info please?

nb. I will be getting off ship at gothonborg ! I know about euroviggnette for Sweden ! Thanks again.

THE FIN103:

yup, from 2015 an OBU is mandatory

http://www.autopass.no/en/about-autopass/about-the-tag