Norway , Best route from UK

HI all

Just after some advice , been asked to quote on a job from North East to Stavanger in Norway , the old ferry that went from Newcastle to Stavanger no longer runs :angry: so next option i thought of was ferry from immingham to Brevik and across the 230 mile to stavanger , but that ferry only runs twice a week so it would either be a few days sitting around or drive to gothenburg for a more regular sailing to immingham. So just wondering what route you think is best and please suggest any alternatives :smiley:

Thanks

We go overland upto Friedrichshavn in Denmark then ship over to Oslo, this ferry runs every night so not too bad.

young trucker:
HI all

Just after some advice , been asked to quote on a job from North East to Stavanger in Norway , the old ferry that went from Newcastle to Stavanger no longer runs :angry: so next option i thought of was ferry from immingham to Brevik and across the 230 mile to stavanger , but that ferry only runs twice a week so it would either be a few days sitting around or drive to gothenburg for a more regular sailing to immingham. So just wondering what route you think is best and please suggest any alternatives :smiley:

Thanks

we ship out of immingham weekly on the sun morn sailing 5am to brevik gets there at around 8am on the monday usually then get ferry back on the friday gets back imm sat morn or as said you can drive to oslo and get ferry to denmark or i think there is a ferry from larvik to denmark be warned the guys at the north sea terminal at brevik dock aint a happy bunch cabins good on the tor fressia vessel and food good

Ben9:
We go overland upto Friedrichshavn in Denmark then ship over to Oslo, this ferry runs every night so not too bad.

That’s the way we usually go, but we are in the south of England. From the North east Immingham to Gothenburg may be a better bet, however all Ferrys to and from Scandanavia or within Scandinavia are notoriously expensive so bear that in mind what ever route you choose

I’ve just confirmed on of my trucks on the Hirstals - Kristansand ferry for tipping Stavanger next week, 1320 euro return. Two boats a day and a 3 hour crossing. We have space left on the trailer if you’re interested :smiley:

Hope this helps.

Plambert:
We have space left on the trailer if you’re interested :smiley:

Hope this helps.

Hi Plambert

I think its less than 7 loading metres , we were gonna stick it on a 7.5 tonner , also had a quote from DFDS today to send it groupage , not even sure when its going yet , do you head up that way much â– â– 

Give this lot a try sea-cargo.no/ a lot of the oil companies from Aberdeen use them. They can either take it across unnacompanied or they also have ro-ro facilities.

Also if you are looking for a 7.5 tonner to take it over drop me a pm :wink:

Well you can’t blame me for trying lol