Northwest Trucks

Any of you Dudes got any photos of Parkers Transport of Raikes Lane Bolton .My old man worked there in the 70s and i have a lot of fond memories of the yard and trips out .Many thanks Mike .

hiya,
Did a couple of weeks for Jacks of Blackburn many years ago holiday relief job all four wheeled ERFs some with the miniscule 4LW Gardner engine i believe they got took over by Gilbraiths of Accrington who still have the registration i think.
thanks harry long retired.

givover:
Any of you Dudes got any photos of Parkers Transport of Raikes Lane Bolton .My old man worked there in the 70s and i have a lot of fond memories of the yard and trips out .Many thanks Mike .

who was your old man mate?i worked for parkers in the 70s,excuse me if ive asked you this question previously getting old now and the memorys not what it was.My nickname was bilko.
regards dave.

Due to host server Fotopic going bust site now off line :frowning:

Scania belonging to ELW from the Darwen area,a company still operating today.
ELW Scania.jpg

Scania in the livery of James Irlam who were recently taken over by the Stobart Group along with all there drivers & staff.(those who wanted to go of course)
Scania JAMES IRLAM.jpg

Stanfield:
Scania belonging to ELW from the Darwen area,a company still operating today.1

Scania in the livery of James Irlam who were recently taken over by the Stobart Group along with all there drivers & staff.(those who wanted to go of course)0

hiya,
ELW, don’t remember them “Stanfield” i’m from that area, they musn’t have been going very long, although it’s nearly 40 years since i lived that way.

Hi Harry. ELW ( east lancashire warehousing) started off around 1930 by a George Maudsley and in 1950 his son Russell changed the name to R Maudsley transport.and then rebranded in 1970 as ELW.They are based at eccles hill road just of junction 4 on the M65 nr darwen.
R Maudsley AEC Mercury.jpg
R Maudsley BMC Morris.jpgSorry about the pics but this is all I could find.

JOHN

Stanfield:
Hi Harry. ELW ( east lancashire warehousing) started off around 1930 by a George Maudsley and in 1950 his son Russell changed the name to R Maudsley transport.and then rebranded in 1970 as ELW.They are based at eccles hill road just of junction 4 on the M65 nr darwen.10Sorry about the pics but this is all I could find.

JOHN

hiya,
Well John never knew that one, did work for Jos Walsh, Deans and Harwood Meggitt nice to learn something new in my old age, thanks for the info.

moomooland:

harry_gill:
hiya,
ELW, don’t remember them “Stanfield” i’m from that area, they musn’t have been going very long, although it’s nearly 40 years since i lived that way.

Hi Harry,
ELW have been on the go for a long time take a look at their history on their wed site > HERE

Also you can see one of their early Atkinsons by clicking > HERE

Regards Paul

hiya,
Thanks for that info, come to think of it did Maudsley’s buy out Harwood Meggitt’s??, i think i could do with a memory transplant.
thanks harry long retired

harry_gill:

moomooland:

harry_gill:
hiya,

Hi Harry,
ELW have been on the go for a long time take a look at their history on their wed site > HERE

Also you can see one of their early Atkinsons by clicking > HERE

Regards Paul

hiya,
Thanks for that info, come to think of it did Maudsley’s buy out Harwood Meggitt’s??, i think i could do with a memory transplant.
thanks harry long retired

Harry just take double medication it works for me until you black out :laughing:

They are situated at the rear of lower darwen paper millif its still there[info please]
regards dave.

dafdave:

givover:

who was your old man mate?i worked for parkers in the 70s,excuse me if ive asked you this question previously getting old now and the memorys not what it was.My nickname was bilko.
regards dave.

Hi Dave yes we have completley milked every drop of this one i still past Harveys yard every day just waiting for the right shot when the yard is full .i sent Paul North west trucks a shot of a Harveys Daf at a truck show so i may be on his site soon regards mike.

givover:

dafdave:

givover:

regards dave.

Hi Dave yes we have completley milked every drop of this one i still past Harveys yard every day just waiting for the right shot when the yard is full .i sent Paul North west trucks a shot of a Harveys Daf at a truck show so i may be on his site soon regards mike.

Thanks for that mate,take care.I will watch pauls site for the pic.
regards dave.

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

just a small point about the last picture on the ELW page Paul but PN is a Preston registration. Under the new system the first 2 letters denote the place of registration.
great site, keep it up.

!cid_160F3CADBFCC4D32B6FCE3998A498B86@JENLAPTOP.jpg
Some pics of J.H.Davies Haulage Widnes sadly no more

A few pics of RTG Light Haulage trucks Widnes again sadly no longer