Northwest logistics?

As you folk know I am a new driver, got a call today from a nice chap at Northwest logistics I told him I had no experience so he said he would speak to his boss, anyhow he rang me back and has asked me to go in for a chat. Would this include an assessment as well as don’t want to go in slippery shoe’s and shirt if they want me driving a truck or would they have said so. as you people know what to expect. I have no experience with truck interviews. any advice would be welcome. :wink:

:smiley: well done mate, I would go suited and booted to make that all important first impression, I would also carry a bag in the car with my driving kit in it, ie boots hivis jeans ect, you can always change in loo if that is the case. Good luck, try to enjoy the experience and relax. :smiley:

^^^^^ what he said…and good luck

Thank,s for the help, only problem now is I passed in a draw bar, never used fifth wheel or a Tacho but I have watched on YouTube and it look’s straight forward enough. can’t be as bad as a draw bar. :open_mouth: I will just get on with it and be confident. if I get a test that is. :blush:

sweeper1gg:
Thank,s for the help, only problem now is I passed in a draw bar, never used fifth wheel or a Tacho but I have watched on YouTube and it look’s straight forward enough. can’t be as bad as a draw bar. :open_mouth: I will just get on with it and be confident. if I get a test that is. :blush:

Don’t worry about it being a " problem " that you passed in a draw bar.Explain it to them.Some good advice here by others.Take a few deep breathes and take your time.If in doubt ASK ! Good luck. :wink:

Went for my truck driving interview 7 weeks ago, I went suited, tie, etc, and the interviewer seemed impressed when it came to the driving assesment that I had brought along a change of clothing.

I was offered the job 1 week later where it was mentioned to me that I was the only interviewee that did my vehicle check before driving off with the assessor!!

Hope this helps… :laughing:

Thanks again to all you helpfull’s. :wink:

Good luck sweeper, I hope this is the one for you :sunglasses:

Drift:
Good luck sweeper, I hope this is the one for you :sunglasses:

I will do my best. :wink:

My only advice would be take a breath. Relax and remember your vehicle checks tacho drills and show you’re a driver.

Good luck

Well done & good luck!!!

Try to keep calm & don’t be afraid to ask regarding couple/uncouple - probably easier than drawbar anyway, especially when you’ve done a few. Is there anywhere/anyone you could practice with, or just observe procedure?
Just ensure legs are wound up & wound down at appropriate times.

I’ve just posted on your ‘other’ thread…All the best!!!

Daz1970:
Well done & good luck!!!

Try to keep calm & don’t be afraid to ask regarding couple/uncouple - probably easier than drawbar anyway, especially when you’ve done a few. Is there anywhere/anyone you could practice with, or just observe procedure?
Just ensure legs are wound up & wound down at appropriate times.

I’ve just posted on your ‘other’ thread…All the best!!!

Thank,s :wink:

When you do assessment, check wheel nut markers (if fitted ) carefully…May find assessor has moved a couple. Also don’t forget your seatbelt…strange how many actually don’t bother and therefore fail at 1st hurdle.

Also brush up on basic tacho regs…most places will carry out a Test as others have said.

Good luck

sweeper1gg:

Do a search on here for coupling/decoupling advice & pretty much read every thread you have time to that relates to experience/reversing/bridge heights/ being careful/keeping your cool & you be golden.

Well they have rang me today,and I have a driving test in the morning :confused:

Hope all goes well for you,just double check and take your time

yea thank,s :wink: How long are the driving tests.

Who did you pass with just out of curiously? I passed in a draw bar but I was fortunate enough to of been a Shunter before hand so I was clued up about the fifth wheel etc, I always wonder though what do most people do who pass in a draw bar who have never drove a unit with a fifth wheel? do they just jump in at the deep end and hope they know what to do?

I took 4 hours in an artic refresher after passing.

But some people do just jump straight into an artic with common sense.

Kevwall:
Who did you pass with just out of curiously? I passed in a draw bar but I was fortunate enough to of been a Shunter before hand so I was clued up about the fifth wheel etc, I always wonder though what do most people do who pass in a draw bar who have never drove a unit with a fifth wheel? do they just jump in at the deep end and hope they know what to do?

Just watch a youtube vid lol and hope for the best :smiley: