Northern irish fridge work

Hi guys, need a bit of advice on which company to goto… il probably sound silly, like a dreamer lol but anyway…
Im 28, married from dungannon so was looking to go to somewhere nearby like ewings/manfreight/sawyers or morgan mclernon in mind. No tang by the way, far from it.
Iv got lots of class 2 experience on tippers, tankers, beavertails, and got a little bit of experience on class one flat trailers and lowloaders but nothing too challenging, could probably count on two hands iv been driving them. So wanted to go somewhere to get class 1 experience everyday.
Im used to mon-fri 12hr local shifts, so sort of wanted to keep it similar…or as close to it as possible, but understand fridges may be different. Bear in mind i know nothing about fridge work so could sound silly lol…but is there certain shifts/trips possible for maby mon-fri 3 days out then 2 days local or something close to that? Id nearly prefer local, but iv heard english works nearly better? Handier? Not too fond of the thought of doing local work and taking a car load of boys to the docks to meet drivers off the boat. Im the type that was always used to having the same truck everyday and getting into it around 6 or 7am and out round 6 or 7pm.[emoji85]
Sorry if i sound like a dreamer in advance lol
All advice welcome, thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DRT at Craigavon

Grumpy Dad:
DRT at Craigavon

Cheers man. You think Derry refridgerated work be as close to what i listed? [emoji4]

Not sure how they work, I know it’s decent kit, whether it’s local, nights out or a mix I couldn’t say.
Be a lot closer and you wouldn’t be chasing yours arse around Belfast or Dublin to get the boat at kicking out time.

Grumpy Dad:
Not sure how they work, I know it’s decent kit, whether it’s local, nights out or a mix I couldn’t say.
Be a lot closer and you wouldn’t be chasing yours arse around Belfast or Dublin to get the boat at kicking out time.

Cheers man…forgot all about them…probably forgot about other companies too.lol must keep them in mind, think they dont bother with english work

I can’t say I’ve seen them, but then again I’m not a U.K. driver the only reason I know of them is I delivered there a couple of times.
If you fancy a bit of English work then Macquires are just I’ve the border

Grumpy Dad:
I can’t say I’ve seen them, but then again I’m not a U.K. driver the only reason I know of them is I delivered there a couple of times.

Think i would prefer local work to be honest, could only do english work if i was away 3 days and 2 local…dont even think companys would do that. Would possibly consider 4 on 4 off if they still do that.

marko91:

Grumpy Dad:

Think i would prefer local work to be honest, could only do english work if i was away 3 days and 2 local…dont even think companys would do that. Would possibly consider 4 on 4 off if they still do that.

The Macquires lads are out for 3 weeks so that would be a no.

you seem to know most of the usual suspects yourself there.
no harm in going in and saying what your looking for.
its holiday season and once you start theres every chance of getting kept on and as long as you stick to your guns,then you wont get browbeaten into doing cross channel work which for lots is 2 trips one week and 3 trips the next week.
n.i. local wages will be dung…cross border wont really be any better and the only other option is cross channel work on wages with the alternative for trip money which wont suit you unless you can be flexible regarding the rules.
try wards in newry or surefreight/its holidays everywhere and surely getting your toe in the door for weeks or months will be better than nothing?
its a small world over here and most places are much of a muchness wagewise.

jobcentreonline.com/JCOLFro … me=Drivers
you can also have a laugh and waste yur time looking at advertised jobs,or even go limping,then you can get experience,and it wont matter what you wreck as you wont be there for long anyway.

Sometimes the customer may set their desired temperature once you have loaded , after that , it is best not fiddle with it , let it be , and monitor the temp on breaks .
Some fridge trailers may have compartments to divide parts of the load , you push a big rubber door for that .
If unsure how to use the fridge , your new employer will show you then ask other drivers at places you load at .

They may need jet washing ,there are tricks to get rid of bad smells .
On arrival at the customer, they print off the journey temperatures . Good luck.

dieseldog999:
you seem to know most of the usual suspects yourself there.
no harm in going in and saying what your looking for.
its holiday season and once you start theres every chance of getting kept on and as long as you stick to your guns,then you wont get browbeaten into doing cross channel work which for lots is 2 trips one week and 3 trips the next week.
n.i. local wages will be dung…cross border wont really be any better and the only other option is cross channel work on wages with the alternative for trip money which wont suit you unless you can be flexible regarding the rules.
try wards in newry or surefreight/its holidays everywhere and surely getting your toe in the door for weeks or months will be better than nothing?
its a small world over here and most places are much of a muchness wagewise.

jobcentreonline.com/JCOLFro … me=Drivers
you can also have a laugh and waste yur time looking at advertised jobs,or even go limping,then you can get experience,and it wont matter what you wreck as you wont be there for long anyway.

Thanks for the info. Iv been going to different types of driving jobs every few months recently to see which i like best…might never find one i really like lol but only way of finding out is trying them[emoji57]
Who knows, might enjoy the fridge work