Northen Ireland

Hi all a newbie here and have just passed my c+e this week and am looking for work,could anyone offer any advice,I have read about agencies but they seem to concentrate on the mainland

CTRALLYING:
Hi all a newbie here and have just passed my c+e this week and am looking for work,could anyone offer any advice,I have read about agencies but they seem to concentrate on the mainland

Hi CTRALLYING,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m afraid that I know nothing of the employment situation in NI, but we do have some members from there.

I hope they’ll be along soon to give you some advice. :smiley:

Depends on where bout in NI you are although I dont have much idea bout over there you could look in your local area also in the phone book as there is normally some listed in there you could phone

As Dave has said there are some members on here from over there that might be of some assistance

Welcome ctrallying

Congratulations on your pass and good luck with the job hunt

Jennie x

CONGRATULATIONS on passing your C+E test ctrallying :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , have you tried aproaching any local companies - you may have to travel a distance , just depends on where you are & whats local ,( perhaps consider temporary other accomadation if there may be a job offer ) good luck with your job hunt , & welcome :smiley:

Hello CTRALLYING,
Try Montgomery Distribution at Ballyearl, Newtownabbey. Like yourself I passed my C&E in July and tried every job going including the agencies, but kept getting knocked back due to lack of experience. But just last week I sent an email with my CV to Montgomery Distribution, and they give me a driving assessment the next day, which I passed and then offered me a job. I start next week :smiley: its on a rigid but its a step on the ladder. Oh by the way you need to have a Digi Tacho card.

Good luck
Mark

hi there the best thing you can do is start off in something small if you can get a start then try work your way up but montys would be a good option. i worked for montgomery distribution for a short while when they were still in portadown on the artics and it is a good enough firm to work for i only left them when they decided to move to ballyearl and my old employer offerd me a job again. montgomery transport would also be worth a try but they seem to go thru a lot of drivers