Northampton Svcs

The day driver of my truck had his monthly night out last Friday and, running out of time and unable to make Cherwell, parked up for the night. Fast forward to me starting last night and whilst walking round doing my checks and adjusting a few buckles, spotted this little beauty…

so thanks for that, ya ■■■■■■■■■ Trailer was only loaded with recycling materials (flattened cardboard and pallet wrap) so apart from causing a couple of hundred quids worth of damage, you got ■■■■ all. Fingers crossed, the next time you get your blade out, you trip and fall in something brown and nasty and ■■■■■ your wrist. Could’ve saved all of us some trouble and just opened the poxy doors…and just to let you know, we do not park up overnight with anything more than said items in the back…but feel free to help yaself to the cardboard…via the fricking doors

Actrosman:
The day driver of my truck had his monthly night out last Friday and, running out of time and unable to make Cherwell, parked up for the night. Fast forward to me starting last night and whilst walking round doing my checks and adjusting a few buckles, spotted this little beauty…0so thanks for that, ya [zb]. Trailer was only loaded with recycling materials (flattened cardboard and pallet wrap) so apart from causing a couple of hundred quids worth of damage, you got [zb] all. Fingers crossed, the next time you get your blade out, you trip and fall in something brown and nasty and ■■■■■ your wrist. Could’ve saved all of us some trouble and just opened the poxy doors…and just to let you know, we do not park up overnight with anything more than said items in the back…but feel free to help yaself to the cardboard…via the fricking doors

It is bloody annoying, and that is why I leave back door or corner pillar open when o/n parked.
Another point, the prices that msa.s rip you off for should include some element of security, but I do not park on them.ever.

I once had to park in near the Jaguar plant in Halewood near Liverpool, obviously not out of choice but due to being messed around in said plant for several hours by militant jobsworths and having only a few minutes left on my card when I abandoned the place. I parked in a big layby set back from the road behind trees and opened one of my rear doors, I was empty any way. Next morning I had a similar cut to the one in the OP’s post on both sides of the trailer. Yes thats right, they made one little cut, looked inside and couldn’t see anything so went round the other side and did the same thing!!

Think you’ll find they’ll cut your curtains out of spite when you leave a door open, SCUM :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

There should be a list of spots to avoid parking on, I know when I was new to this game I once spent the night on Harthill and got done. Small cut, about 4 inches right at the back. Wasn’t the end of the world as it was a pretty tatty trailer. Nothing taken, as if they’d gone a few foot up, they’d have seen that I’d got 22 pallets of coffee on.

Speaking to some of the lads consequently, you know how it is, they ask where you’ve been lately, and ask where you kip. Every single one of them said they were surprised I’d not had my curtains cut, as it’s a nightly occurrence.

“No, no, I was fine” I lied.

How heavy are the curtains on the trailers??

Depends on what they’re made of

If it were possible to organise Camping Trips?
You know,with Tent,Sleeping Bag,Stove,and a Whip,in the Bushes of a Lay-by ?

PaulNowak:
There should be a list of spots to avoid parking on,

Probably be a very long list, might be a bit easier to have a list of places where it would be safe to park. :frowning:

muckles:

PaulNowak:
There should be a list of spots to avoid parking on,

Probably be a very long list, might be a bit easier to have a list of places where it would be safe to park. :frowning:

And that would only be until the scrotes got hold of it…

2 of 4 cuts when I stayed at London Gateway. Happened about 2am as I was awake watching a movie because it was hot and I couldn’t sleep. Saw the ■■■■■■■■ running up and down behind the trailers, one of them saw me looking at them and they scattered. I was only told afterwards only to park overnight if you have a box, fridge, tank or flat on.

Thats mirror height too mind. He stood on the bars that made the truck move.

I’ve only been cut twice. Quebec St in Wakefield, and Harthill.

We used to be told not to overnight on pops (Lymm) but that’s supposed to be ok now.

Workmate stayed on Monmouth last week and had the bejesus cut out of one side of his.

When you look how many of our trailers have been cut, I’m surprised we don’t have a list of places on the wall in the traffic office, even if it’s only to tell you to be extra vigilant.

But we have to be at a recognised lorry park, services or truck stop if we’re loaded. I could find loads of safer places, but if the worst were to happen, our insurance isn’t valid. I have to be properly scraping the barrel before I’ll go on an MSA

One of our branded wagons got slashed open big time. He parked in a layby near Donny, woke up to find everything nicked.

PaulNowak:

Just asking as I thought someone would have invented some kind of ‘rigid’ concertina fold along type curtain, made of a light weight plastic these days…?

Goldfinger:

PaulNowak:

Just asking as I thought someone would have invented some kind of ‘rigid’ concertina fold along type curtain, made of a light weight plastic these days…?

I got chicken wire in mine.

Only parking in certain places, not in others, taking precautions, being vigilant is all a load of nonsense. These criminal scumbags don’t just target certain spots, they’ll drive around looking for opportunity anywhere, it might be a services, it might be a layby, it might be on an industrial estate and one night it’ll be one place, the next night another. The places you guys pay the most to park in in the UK are no more or less safe than a free layby or a piece of waste ground or vice versa.

These parasites are chancers and there is nothing any of us can do about it if drivers hours are short or expired and no amount of company/insurance clap trap is going to make the slightest bit of difference. You either exceed your time to get back if you’re near home or park up in whatever location you choose and run the risk in all of them of being the victim of thievery and vandalism.

There is very little actual secure parking in Britain, and by secure I don’t mean paying an exorbitant amount and a night watch man walking around once and hour if he can be bothered. Even if a place is fenced in, half the time its not flood lit properly and the above mentioned chancers would think nothing of jumping over the fence in a nice dark spot and doing their deed.

I’ve been away so long now I’ve more or less forgotten most of my regular parking haunts. Where in the UK do you guys consider to be “secure parking” these days and what makes it secure? high fences, razor wire, flood lights, cameras, night time security etc?

robinhood_1984:
Only parking in certain places, not in others, taking precautions, being vigilant is all a load of nonsense. These criminal scumbags don’t just target certain spots, they’ll drive around looking for opportunity anywhere, it might be a services, it might be a layby, it might be on an industrial estate and one night it’ll be one place, the next night another. The places you guys pay the most to park in in the UK are no more or less safe than a free layby or a piece of waste ground or vice versa.

These parasites are chancers and there is nothing any of us can do about it if drivers hours are short or expired and no amount of company/insurance clap trap is going to make the slightest bit of difference. You either exceed your time to get back if you’re near home or park up in whatever location you choose and run the risk in all of them of being the victim of thievery and vandalism.

There is very little actual secure parking in Britain, and by secure I don’t mean paying an exorbitant amount and a night watch man walking around once and hour if he can be bothered. Even if a place is fenced in, half the time its not flood lit properly and the above mentioned chancers would think nothing of jumping over the fence in a nice dark spot and doing their deed.

I’ve been away so long now I’ve more or less forgotten most of my regular parking haunts. Where in the UK do you guys consider to be “secure parking” these days and what makes it secure? high fences, razor wire, flood lights, cameras, night time security etc?

One of our guys parked in a Ikea loading yard, gates were padlocked, well lit and had CCTV everywhere. About 2-3am he got woken up by the night team only to be told that he’d been robbed. Security said they had watched some local scrotes scale the fence then take as much as they could.

Radar19:
One of our guys parked in a Ikea loading yard, gates were padlocked, well lit and had CCTV everywhere. About 2-3am he got woken up by the night team only to be told that he’d been robbed. Security said they had watched some local scrotes scale the fence then take as much as they could.

There you go. He could have paid 25 quid in a services and had the same thing or parked on the road outside Ikea and not being bothered at all. There’s no accounting for scrotes.
Before coming to Canada, I remember our yard in North Lincolnshire getting broken in to more than once with derv being stolen and trailers broken in to etc. Nowhere is safe. We’ve got criminal illegal immigrants walking through the Channel Tunnel for God’s sake, an offence in itself, then being granted asylum despite the fact they’ve come from France, a perfectly safe country and the government now talks of dropping the criminal charges against said criminal ■■■■ taker. What chance do any drivers have of safe parking free of crime and vandalism when the government is carrying on the way it is with regards crime and those partaking in it. But mind you don’t speed or go five minutes over your time, thats a serious offence you know.

Anyone would think you’re suggesting that we’re being regimentally bummed by the powers that be. Heaven forbid