Northampton services

£27 inc £10 food voucher. £25 without. Paid the £27. Having gammon egg chips n peas. I reckon its all been pinged. Absolute garbage. I feel cheated. # justsaying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not go to the red lion if you’ve gone that far? :unamused:

It’s never full which just goes to show what a ■■■■ hold it is seen as, and rightly. Last two times I stopped for a shower there water was ice cold n/b.
Never stayed s/b and never would much better options around without paying for that crap :stuck_out_tongue:

Just googled it. If only I’d known. How much is the parking there and does it get packed?

londoncabby1:
£27 inc £10 food voucher. £25 without. Paid the £27. Having gammon egg chips n peas. I reckon its all been pinged. Absolute garbage. I feel cheated. # justsaying

:open_mouth: I paid £20 last night in minster for a room with a bath room and parked truck in car park ,had a great nights sleep apart from the grown men crying in the bar watching the football :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We had one get slashed in there,recently.

It’s a lot easier finding somewhere to park your van, than a proper truck though Blue.

eagerbeaver:
It’s a lot easier finding somewhere to park your van, than a proper truck though Blue.

Also helps when the customer your doing opposite is good friends with hotel manager

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

Also helps when the customer your doing opposite is good friends with hotel manager

What sort of goods are you providing? :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:

blue estate:

eagerbeaver:

What sort of goods are you providing? :open_mouth:

composite decking that’s all

Build a trailer with some of it.

londoncabby1:
Just googled it. If only I’d known. How much is the parking there and does it get packed?

Not stopped there in a while but used to take uk fuels card so it went on that anyway and I used to go when it was a dump but still great value and decent beer/food.
As for curtain slashing or diesel theft it happens everywhere :unamused: :frowning:
I hate truck stops and luckily only use for high value loads but I also know loads of drivers who are only happy in a ‘secure’ parking area zzzzz.
Plenty of decent bolt holes pre Northampton and after depending on direction but I’m not one to put any of them on here for fear I won’t able to use them ha ha.

OllieNotts:

londoncabby1:

Not stopped there in a while but used to take uk fuels card so it went on that anyway and I used to go when it was a dump but still great value and decent beer/food.
As for curtain slashing or diesel theft it happens everywhere :unamused: :frowning:
I hate truck stops and luckily only use for high value loads but I also know loads of drivers who are only happy in a ‘secure’ parking area zzzzz.
Plenty of decent bolt holes pre Northampton and after depending on direction but I’m not one to put any of them on here for fear I won’t able to use them ha ha.

Pm me some of those bolt holes. :smiley: :smiley: I promise not to divulge to anyone. Always handy to know a few spots to dive into if required. I would not be surprised if there was one or 2 every junction along the m1

Big if I told you they might not be there when I need them, and I’ve told drivers where to park in the past and turned up to find them grinning and waving while I can’t find room so no :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

Also if you venture further into town the Four Fishes. Close enough to walk into town centre.

Only been to the Red Lion once, 5 minutes after I arrived it got raided by immigration looking for illegal workers. 20K per head and they carted away 7.

londoncabby1:

Ended up there on Friday as PJM didn’t have food and Red Lion was full, and was running out of time by then. The place is awful I parked at 8.30 and the only thing still doing food was McDonalds which is like eating cardboard. I had a rant on Twitter afterwards including the roadchef account on there and they got back to me giving me a link to a feedback page on their site, which I have filled in. Probably nothing will happen but at least I’ve let them know that I don’t consider their services acceptable.