North Sea ferry fire

booze cruise from Hull about £73

I was watching the story of this on Sky news, the kid that started the fire should get some time in the nick.

dle1uk:
hi guys, can i ask wether the hull ferries are also a place for the hen/stag nights? was looking at some cheap deals to go to Bruge but dont want to spend the boat time with a load of drunken idiots…

We went to Bruges a few years ago for the Christmas markets, and the ferry was the opposite of that, a lot of dressing up to go to the all you can eat buffet…

We stayed the extra night in Bruges so came back on a different ferry and all was good again.

The all you can eat place was nice, the cinema was interesting considering the weather, so getting blown around whilst watching a film lol.

I’d recommend the ferry trip, but not Bruges as it’s a bitter cold expensive place to visit - well, it was when we went.

there’s always 2 for 1 offers on, so £73 or there abouts will be for 2. we went to bruges about a year ago, it was nice but not a lot there. although we did meet an interesting musketeer :laughing: people on here have recommended going to ostend

and there were no drunken idiots on the boat!!

cheers all… we got an online offer of £50 for 2, sail out fri pm spend sat in bruge then come back for am Sunday or for an extra £20 stay an extra night… the deal is worth doing i think anyway, but didnt want a crap night, live in York and the stag and hen weekends have seriously spoiled the weekend nights out… we hardly bother anymore with York tbh…

Forgive my ignorance but not ever sailing from Newcastle,does this ferry carry freight as well as cars and coaches? If so how come there has been no mention by any of the media.What about the delays and what they involve,do the trucks sail from elsewere or stay on board till tomorrow.
regards dave.

I was on the helicopter, me and the rest of the regiment had to storm the boat and take out the arsonist without anyone noticing.

Luckily I was on the quayside having just missed the boat due to being stuck way down the queue of everyone else booked on it, so the guys picked me up up en route.

dafdave:
Forgive my ignorance but not ever sailing from Newcastle,does this ferry carry freight as well as cars and coaches? If so how come there has been no mention by any of the media.What about the delays and what they involve,do the trucks sail from elsewere or stay on board till tomorrow.
regards dave.

As far as I know it does carry freight but not a great deal of it in comparison to other crossings such as Hull-Rotterdam etc. I’d hazard a guess and say there wouldn’t be more than 5-10 trucks on a typical crossing and probably some unaccompanied trailers etc. I think it may be used be some of the Dutch flower trucks.

robinhood_1984:

dafdave:
regards dave.

As far as I know it does carry freight but not a great deal of it in comparison to other crossings such as Hull-Rotterdam etc. I’d hazard a guess and say there wouldn’t be more than 5-10 trucks on a typical crossing and probably some unaccompanied trailers etc. I think it may be used be some of the Dutch flower trucks.

Yeh it does carry freight. What I can’t understand is with it being an emergency, and at the time a potential disaster, would it not have been quicker to head for Hull or Immingham rather than turn back to Shields from being off the Scarborough coast when discovered.

Depends if it’s too wide to go through the lock at hull.

The fire was out in 15 mins anyway, I’d guess if it was more severe, the master would have indeed headed for Immingham

Derf:
Depends if it’s too wide to go through the lock at hull.

The fire was out in 15 mins anyway, I’d guess if it was more severe, the master would have indeed headed for Immingham

The Zeebee ferry goes through the lock, but the Rotterdam boat doesn’t, so it would be feasible in an emergency.

Tipper Tom:
Light bulb!!!

I hadn’t considered booking a day off as it’s my right arm that’s gone astray so I could still change gear.

Now you mention it though

Perhaps you should change your name to “Claude Balls” :bulb:

Suedehead:

Tipper Tom:
Light bulb!!!

I hadn’t considered booking a day off as it’s my right arm that’s gone astray so I could still change gear.

Now you mention it though

Perhaps you should change your name to “Claude Balls” :bulb:

Mi think I’ve missed the reference

Thanks robin and rob for the info.
regards dave.

some Irish friends once caused a problem on the pride of Bilbao en-route to Spain, when one of them decided it would be a good idea to break out the camping stove in the cabin to make coffee & cook breakfast :open_mouth: needless to say the crew where all over him asap before things go out of hand