north east newbie

hello everyone im scottythegeordie and new to the forum.does any north east truckers know of any companies/agencies that would take on newbie drivers?ive got my class 1 licence and dcpc,but would take van jobs just to get my foot on the ladder.

thank you and any replies/advice would be greatly appreciated.

scotty. :smiley: :smiley:

Where abouts in the north east are ya

Brooksy123:
Where abouts in the north east are ya

ive recently moved to jarrow mate.willing to travel anywhere around the north east just to get my foot on the ladder :smiley: :smiley:

Paul Rea is jarrow he prob take ya on.gap haulage just through the tunnel will prob take ya on best of luck

Try Katem for uk or euro work and a firm called Jfi international that do Portugal in blue cabs and trailers.

Try Geo Allinson of Darlington I recon they will give u a start.

Not sure if Widdowsons still take on new ssbies and train them or not,not sure where they are based,or if there is a Norbert Dentressangle depot near you that are good with newbies too.

Try Lescost in Washington for full time work. As for agencies try Blue Arrow in Newcastle, they were always good when I worked for them and, I think they are called Alkali now, they used to be Right Way training in simonside industrial estate south shields, they will get you into ASDA Washington after a driving assessment.

Try Lescost in Washington for full time work. As for agencies try Blue Arrow in Newcastle, they were always good when I worked for them and, I think they are called Alkali now, they used to be Right Way training in simonside industrial estate south shields, they will get you into ASDA Washington after a driving assessment.

Brooksy123:
Paul Rea is jarrow he prob take ya on.gap haulage just through the tunnel will prob take ya on best of luck

thanks for the reply mate.just found out paul rea is across the road from me so ill pop in for a chat with them.ill give gap a ring.cheers mate. :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Try Katem for uk or euro work and a firm called Jfi international that do Portugal in blue cabs and trailers.

cheers toby for your reply mate,much appreciated. :grimacing:

Slackbladder:

thanks slackbladder ill try lescost and blue arrow see if they have anything.reply much appreciated mate. :smiley:

Think ramage take on newbies, not sure though.

Maybe try Curries of Dumfries, not sure how far away you are from them, they do a lot of euro work and Uk.

Silver_Surfer:
Think ramage take on newbies, not sure though.

Cheers silver surfer,I think there’s a couple of ramage depots around so ill check it out.thanks again mate.

Ramage are up on the silverlink not to far from you.

Brooksy123:
Ramage are up on the silverlink not to far from you.

Thanks Brooklyn. :smiley: