North east Haulage company’s

Thinking about coming back on the road who is the best company to work for ? If there is any good ones left

Stobarts.

the nodding donkey:
Stobarts.

Really :grimacing:

Don’t know which companies are taking on, but do know companies does not need an apostrophe.
(in a pedantic mood)

andythelandy:
Don’t know which companies are taking on, but do know companies does not need an apostrophe.
(in a pedantic mood)

Are your other 21 posts spread over 8 years or so of a similar high standard? Or is this a back up nom de plume?

As ever it depends on what you’re looking for & where you are. And the old adage about the best jobs don’t get advertised is still true. I have seen the likes of Port of Tyne advertising but most these days seem to be through agency temp to perm jobs, you just have to wade through the agency bull dust to actually get to the job you signed up for.
As for good companies then it a case of one mans meats is another’s poison. I worked for pollock scotrans and found them fine, others wouldn’t touch them. The usual suspects are always advertising, Ramage etc, and there’s a good reason for that. Another being Fowler Welch but I’ve not worked for them so cannot comment. Good Luck.

BillyHunt:
As for good companies then it a case of one mans meats is another’s poison. I worked for pollock scotrans and found them fine, others wouldn’t touch them.

This. I ended up doing some agency work for Sugarich doing waste food skips and compactors. Really really wasn’t looking forward to it at all but thought it was only a couple of shifts so I’d just grin and bear it and never return. I actually loved the job, became immune to the smell and as a result when everyone else was sat at home I had work because there was always plenty of agency work there and nobody willing to do it.

I also enjoyed my time at Reed Boardalls as well and never experienced any of the downfalls people post about here such as them apparently not paying for parking. I just used to staple the receipts to my timesheet and always got it back the following week.

Big area, the north east…

Can you possibly narrow it down (to where you’re based - and where you’re willing to travel to), maybe I can then help a bit to…■■?

Does anyone know where Pollock Scotrans is in Blyth?

No amount of searching on their website or the net has got me an address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanHill87:

They were advertising recently in a local paper.

The Bummeforpeanuts evening standard I think it was.

eagerbeaver:

DanHill87:

[emoji1303]Thanks :wink:

Doesn’t hurt to try any company I can if I’ve not got any experience.

Where about in the North East? How far are you willing to travel? Class 1 or class 2?

eagerbeaver:

DanHill87:

Oi!!!

I work for Pollocks out of Blyth Harbour…

Clean, dead easy job. Left alone to get on…

As usual though, it’s again, not a great paying job (a north east thing?), but suits our lifestyle at home.

You’ll have to go on their own main website for jobs Dan.

They have trucks out based all over the country… They also have a few more in Drum ind est, Birtley too (Coveris factory)…

Goldfinger:
Big area, the north east…

Can you possibly narrow it down (to where you’re based - and where you’re willing to travel to), maybe I can then help a bit to…■■?

Hi mate I live in Chester le Street

F & W (Washington) are always advertising in one guise or another + Yearsleys out of Seaham are currently advertising.

DanHill87:

eagerbeaver:

DanHill87:

They operate out of the drum estate in birtley, closest to you, and blyth port. The job, as said, is easy work in decent kit. Usually trunking work on days or nights, but you can upgrade to tramping if that’s what you fancy.
The best way to get in touch is get on their website and give them a ring, they will want you to send a cv. No matter what you read about them on here, usually from the bell ends that have never worked for them, they will give drivers with little to no experience a chance to get into the business. They might not give you a start immediately but they will get back to you. If you don’t like it you don’t have to stay.

Thanks for all the info I will start ringing round

taz1972:
Thinking about coming back on the road who is the best company to work for ? If there is any good ones left

If you fancy the cars try Beamish, you’ll know where they are.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

BillyHunt:

DanHill87:

eagerbeaver:

DanHill87:

They operate out of the drum estate in birtley, closest to you, and blyth port. The job, as said, is easy work in decent kit. Usually trunking work on days or nights, but you can upgrade to tramping if that’s what you fancy.
The best way to get in touch is get on their website and give them a ring, they will want you to send a cv. No matter what you read about them on here, usually from the bell ends that have never worked for them, they will give drivers with little to no experience a chance to get into the business. They might not give you a start immediately but they will get back to you. If you don’t like it you don’t have to stay.

Filled their form on their website during my nightshift last night and they rung me 12ish today, unfortunately they didn’t have any class 2 Work in my area.