North Africa work

Morrocan in the UK

robthedog:
Morrocan in the UK

…with a garment trailer by the look of it. I haven’t seen a Moroccan here for years. Last time I saw one, he was trying to back into a tight space in a congested London street; so I anchored up with hazards on and directed him in, using gestures and Arabic instructions. You should have seen his face! :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:
Morrocan in the UK

…with a garment trailer by the look of it. I haven’t seen a Moroccan here for years. Last time I saw one, he was trying to back into a tight space in a congested London street; so I anchored up with hazards on and directed him in, using gestures and Arabic instructions. You should have seen his face! :laughing:

I bet his face was a picture, who directed him Robert or Rowena (no offence mate)

robthedog:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:
Morrocan in the UK

I bet his face was a picture, who directed him Robert or Rowena (no offence mate)

None taken :laughing: . It was Robert :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:
Morrocan in the UK

None taken :laughing: . It was Robert :sunglasses:

595AEE6C-EE25-4492-8E99-24E383D2FAA5.jpeg

Youtube clip of a Moroccan driver’s view of the road:

bing.com/videos/search?q=mo … &FORM=VIRE

NA

Moroccan reg no. There were still plenty of these there when I was doing the garment work.

Nice pic of me old boss what a dude :smiley:

I’m sure RO Will like this one

robthedog:
I’m sure RO Will like this one

Ro does like that one, and liked it when it was in service. In fact, when I was driving for them I always secretly hoped that I’d end up with that trailer but I never did! :laughing:

DTS

Bedford TJ in Morocco.

ERF-NGC-European:

Ro, That F89 was on a road test in Morocco in 1972. Have you got that mag ?

robthedog:
DTS

I took that DTS picture! The truck belonged to Dave Clarke of Bodmin. It was a Merc 1850, an up-hill-down-hill machine which ironed out the hills a treat (though I hated the ETS 'box). I was on my way back from Fez in Morocco. If you look in the windscreen you can see my Moroccan name plate under the steering wheel :laughing:

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

Stumbled upon the image ages ago somewhere in cyber-space :unamused: . It’s in Dutch so it could be from Truckstar magazine. But I haven’t got it!

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

Stumbled upon the image ages ago somewhere in cyber-space :unamused: . It’s in Dutch so it could be from Truckstar magazine. But I haven’t got it!

Volvo took that F89 and some other motors to Morocco back in 1972.

Click on pages twice to read.