Norseman freight

all the old norseman freight drivers from nwss till the end when hamonds took over. uk and european big arthur calling :smiley:

this the big arthur who lived off townfield lane?
you wont know me but maybe you remember my dad ernie williams?, worked for castrol…

yes i did know your dad last time i spoke to him he was on agency work at corus where i worked as a supervisor on nights. I am now driving again on tankers for Abbeyroad tanks. :smiley:

Is this the Big Arthur I last saw in Italy on the newsprint job?

Yes that me man and boy 26 years with norseman freight then into shotton steel works now driving again and causing havoc on these new things called motorways. I am working for abbeyroad tanks and i am based at Moreton have we met up in the past over a beer or a glass of wine. :smiley:

atki arthur:
Yes that me man and boy 26 years with norseman freight then into shotton steel works now driving again and causing havoc on these new things called motorways. I am working for abbeyroad tanks and i am based at Moreton have we met up in the past over a beer or a glass of wine. :smiley:

Hi Arthur,

Yes mate, we did meet up… several times!!

I’ve always been a teetotaller, so it wouldn’t have been alcohol related. :smiley:

I do recall a rather raucous time whilst we awaited clearance in Bologna customs though. :wink: :grimacing:

The other times I remember seeing you were in the Wheelhouse. Happy days!! :smiley:

You’d probably know my brother too, cos he was a forkie on the Norseman bay at Bowater’s/Bathurst or whatever they were called at the time.

A Norseman did me a big favour years ago & haven’t seen him since. We were on the British rail ferry from Ostende to Dover on a Saturday morning crossing. Big storm ,ferry very late arriving in Dover . A train full of passengers were waiting to board so BR in all their wisdom to save time decided not to unload the trucks on board. They had to make another round trip to Ostende before they could enter UK. I handed my keys to a young Norse driver with a beard & jumped ship. Went to Dover on Monday & there was my truck with the keys in the ignition- perfect. But I never saw the driver again.( I wish I never saw the truck again either- lousey job )