Norbert Dentressengle

anyone on here work for the depot in Middleton St George ? if so what they like to work for what is pay etc … ? cheers

I worked for them before the takeover, (Salvesen), and the same people are in charge now. Theyre petty, spiteful, vindictive, desperately trying to climb the ladder, and will shop there own grandmas to further that cause.
Theyre great at asking for favours and good at putting the bite on you, but strangely forgetful when you might need to take a days holiday at short notice. As a driver, you are totally dispensable and not valued at all. You are the lowest of the low. In short, I havent got much good to say about them. Norberts at another depot may be ok, I can only speak for my time at the worst place I`ve ever worked. The job itself could be ok but for the managers. The pay was ok.
Hope that helps.

Oh, and not this year, but for the last 2 years, two weeks before Christmas the management there announced that there would be some redundancies in the first two weeks of the new year, but they hadnt decided who, just that 3 jobs would go. So everyone spent the xmas worried for their jobs. Thats what passes for fun these days with the management.

Give it a go, then tell me I`m wrong, but good luck.

Basic rate is £8.54 per hour. No overtime rate unless it’s your sixth shift then it’s time and a half. If it’s not your normal shift and you wok B/holidays or a Sunday then it’s double time. Theres also a night shift allowance of about £13.00 per shift if you work nights. Nearly all new drivers are taken on on zero hours contracts, no work no pay. Most of the work is ADR although they have just been getting quite a lot of new non ADR work.

It’s better than it used to be when it was Salvesen’s, a lot of the office staff have changed (for the better) but theres still about 50% ex Salvesen.

@cheekymonkey, which agency do you work for as I might need a new job by the end of the week. :slight_smile:

One of the Agencies down my way are looking for Drivers for ‘Nobbies DressingTable’ £9 P/H Days and £10 P/H Nights. Guaranteed work for 12 weeks, then they may have more work, No mention of ADR and it’s Pallet work.

dinosteveus1:
One of the Agencies down my way are looking for Drivers for ‘Nobbies DressingTable’ £9 P/H Days and £10 P/H Nights. Guaranteed work for 12 weeks, then they may have more work, No mention of ADR and it’s Pallet work.

I’d imagine that’s out of our BSE site. I know at our depot we take on agency drivers after a couple of months if they’re worth having, I guess that’d be the same ethos at their site.

garnerlives:

dinosteveus1:

I’d imagine that’s out of our BSE site. I know at our depot we take on agency drivers after a couple of months if they’re worth having, I guess that’d be the same ethos at their site.

Stowmarket, TDG/ICI contract I believe.
Strange cos I’ve done that job for GMA, some time back, maybe they lost the contract to Dressingtable.

ND bought TDG so what theirs is ours sorta thing!!

garnerlives:
ND bought TDG so what theirs is ours sorta thing!!

That’s not nice. Bloody frogs.

That’s how business works though!

There used to be a salveson depot on the other side of the river from where I live. It’s now been taken over by Nobby Dressingtables which is one of the lowest payers for the area, and yet never seem to be short of drivers! I don’t give a hoot, 'cos I can get over £2ph more a few miles up the road at Aylesford, but I can’t fathom out how this firm operates beyond some kind of Slave Ludus level. They seem to have moved into China in a big way too, along with taking over TDG. I don’t know of any UK drivers that are running Nobby wagons to the continent though - they all seem to be calais/dunqeurque plates running the other way!

cheekymonkey:
I worked for them before the takeover, (Salvesen), and the same people are in charge now. Theyre petty, spiteful, vindictive, desperately trying to climb the ladder, and will shop there own grandmas to further that cause.
Theyre great at asking for favours and good at putting the bite on you, but strangely forgetful when you might need to take a days holiday at short notice. As a driver, you are totally dispensable and not valued at all. You are the lowest of the low. In short, I havent got much good to say about them. Norberts at another depot may be ok, I can only speak for my time at the worst place I`ve ever worked. The job itself could be ok but for the managers. The pay was ok.
Hope that helps.

Oh, and not this year, but for the last 2 years, two weeks before Christmas the management there announced that there would be some redundancies in the first two weeks of the new year, but they hadnt decided who, just that 3 jobs would go. So everyone spent the xmas worried for their jobs. Thats what passes for fun these days with the management.

Sounds like a good outfit then :laughing: might give em a call.
Seriously though sounds like standard transport company practice, in fact not just transport.

slow2run:

cheekymonkey:
Hope that helps.

Sounds like a good outfit then :laughing: might give em a call.
Seriously though sounds like standard transport company practice, in fact not just transport.

Yeh, I hear you S2R, but Ive been treated with respect by all the companies Ive worked for via agency in the last 4 years. Maybe because Im a "guest" in their premises, I dont know, but I`ve no complaints. When I left there I vowed never to work for anybody ever again. A right shower of ignorant sods.

Heres a one which springs to mind....I went upstairs to ask for Tyne Tunnel money to be refunded, it was only, (I think) about £1-20 at the time. What I got was a lecture on how I would be sacked and prosecuted if ever I was found to be defrauding the company. "So dont even think about saying youve used the tunnel when you havent. The consequences will be really grave. Anyway heres the £1-20.....(waves it in my face) but remember what I said about fraud, and next time dont come in here so close to finishing time for the office, I`ve just put everything away."

Me. “just give me MY money.”

Ahhhh Babs. Shes come a long way. Shes Depot Manager now! In charge of the bloomin` lot.

Don`t get me started!!!

cheekymonkey:
Ahhhh Babs. Shes come a long way. Shes Depot Manager now! In charge of the bloomin` lot.

She’s not depot manager any more, your old day shift manager TJ is depot manager :wink:

Anyway how about spilling the beens on this agency? Rang a few and they seem a bit naff.

Rew:

cheekymonkey:

She’s not depot manager any more, your old day shift manager TJ is depot manager :wink:

Anyway how about spilling the beens on this agency? Rang a few and they seem a bit naff.

No beans to spill, I`m at ADR. I was at N.A.S. but swapped over when a contract moved. Both are ok.
Good luck.

cheekymonkey:
No beans to spill, I`m at ADR. I was at N.A.S. but swapped over when a contract moved. Both are ok.
Good luck.

Thanks for that I’ll give them a ring. :sunglasses:

Let us know how you get on. They all seem a bit in-undated with drivers atm.

cheekymonkey:
Let us know how you get on. They all seem a bit in-undated with drivers atm.

Will do. Just been up Newcastle for an interview (tramping) but the money is atrocious, same as I was getting 10 years ago. :open_mouth:

cheers helped a bit haha, cant be as bad as ward bros (malton) lol … and they have decent wagons lol