Noob info wanted on Iveco SuperCargo/Stralis

Hi,

After 3 weeks of jobseeking around my current job as and when I can before I resort to agency work I’ve been given a 2nd interview and assessment drive for a haulage firm on Class 2. Now seeing as it’ll be the first time I’ve driven a truck since my test back in May i’m a wee bit nervous but reckon it’ll be fine. But the truck will either be an 18T Iveco Super Cargo or a Stralis Rigid 53 plate I believe, what is the gearbox format likely to be? I can’t seem to find any info on it, I learnt in a 4 over 4 scania range changer. Also anything else I ought to know, better to try and be prepared than look a complete spaz because I can’t figure out what something is/does.

Cheers.

It may be a knock over. I think I drove an Iveco with one once.

To be honest since passing my C I’ve not seen a rigid that had a range changer.

They have all been 6 speeds or autos. 6 speeds definatly seem to be more popular. Unless they are maxing out on the weight I’m not sure why anyone needs 8 gears.

First lorry I drove after passing my test was an 18T Super Cargo, that had a six speed.

I’ve driven a Eurotech 6 wheeler that had an 8 Speed knock over range change.

Can’t help with the Stralis I’m afraid, but it’s basically the Eurotechs replacement.

As a vague rule 6 wheelers tend to have 8 speed boxes and 4 wheelers tend to have 6 speed boxes. I’ve never come across a 6 wheeler with a 6 speed, but several 4 wheelers with 8 speed.

Cheers, went to the company this morning to take it for a spin, the TM had gone to belgium for an urgent run so the yard shunter took me out instead. Was indeed a 6 speed box, although it was quite old and flappy, was a major job just trying to get the lever into each gear, the shunter was happy with the drive tho and I should be getting a call on Monday with the result… :confused: