Non driving days

Hello all, I’m new to here and this is my first post.

After a while in the army driving trucks, i am now a fully fledged civvie but i also have my own small business.

To that end i have registered with an agency for class 1 work to raise funds for another business venture, but i wont be driving full time, only 3 days a week, and working my own business the other 2 days.

My question is with the 2 days i work on my own business (non driving) whats the best way to go about recording work done on these days? I.e. will i have to manually enter 2 days when i put my card in or record it on paper?

I intend to work Tue-Wed-Thu driving, Fri-Sat in my shop and Sun-Mon off.

Any help from some experienced folk on here much appreciated thanks for your time.

hamletbarnard:
Hello all, I’m new to here and this is my first post.

After a while in the army driving trucks, i am now a fully fledged civvie but i also have my own small business.

To that end i have registered with an agency for class 1 work to raise funds for another business venture, but i wont be driving full time, only 3 days a week, and working my own business the other 2 days.

My question is with the 2 days i work on my own business (non driving) whats the best way to go about recording work done on these days? I.e. will i have to manually enter 2 days when i put my card in or record it on paper?

I intend to work Tue-Wed-Thu driving, Fri-Sat in my shop and Sun-Mon off.

Any help from some experienced folk on here much appreciated thanks for your time.

The regs state that other work days must be recorded officially which usually means using separate tacho discs or print out paper for each day worked BUT it seems the DVSA are happy enough with a simple diary
What the DVSA want is you start and finish time for each other work day so they can see if the rest rules have been complied with for any fixed week in which you drive under EU regs

You could take off sun + mon one week then either sun or mon the next if you wanted to - max 6 days wrok/drive between days off

Thanks for your help much appreciated. Now to learn to reverse again :open_mouth: :open_mouth: