nolands

has anyone rang them up just recently
Did they ask for you to send a CV to them?

I am only asking this coz I rang them up speeking to one of the boss men
when I asked him if he had any driving jobs all he said was send your CV in

Asking for a CV is standard practice, doesn’t mean they actually need drivers. All big companies like that will have a filing cabinet full of drivers CV’s. When they eventually need a driver they will just dip in and start phoning round. Far better to have 50 drivers details in your office than having to rely on an agency.

Just make sure you spell their name correctly.

maurice:
Asking for a CV is standard practice, doesn’t mean they actually need drivers. All big companies like that will have a filing cabinet full of drivers CV’s. When they eventually need a driver they will just dip in and start phoning round. Far better to have 50 drivers details in your office than having to rely on an agency.

Just make sure you spell their name correctly.

thanks for that
But I was under the impresion from the likes of switclogic welshboy and simon
That you just phone them up and have your interview over the phone
must not be hiring at the moment

Depends how desperate they are for drivers, some companies will just do a phone interview and get a current driver to check your license before handing over the keys and fuel cards.

However nowadays if they offer you the job it’s more than likely will have to get to their depot to collect the vehicle and do the checks.

wouldn’t it be better to ring up somebody when you actually get a truck licence :bulb:
here we go again with batty and his pages of paranoia about CV’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen lots of people going on about Batty Boy going on about CV’s - what’s his problem with them? Apart from the fact that his CV runs out when he progressed to long trousers?

The Sarge:
I’ve seen lots of people going on about Batty Boy going on about CV’s - what’s his problem with them? Apart from the fact that his CV runs out when he progressed to long trousers?

his first couple of pages of questions was always about cv this and cv that, he can’t get a job with a cv with just his school details on can he :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

The Sarge:

his first couple of pages of questions was always about cv this and cv that, he can’t get a job with a cv with just his school details on can he :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:
BTW, have I mentioned that I luuuurve your sig file? Didn’t realise that you’d married my ex-wife :smiling_imp:

The Sarge:

welshboyinspain:

The Sarge:

BTW, have I mentioned that I luuuurve your sig file? Didn’t realise that you’d married my ex-wife :smiling_imp:

maybe your ex-wifes twin sister :laughing: mine was definitely not married before as we were still in school when we met but being a typical barry girl anythings possible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

The Sarge:

welshboyinspain:

The Sarge:

maybe your ex-wifes twin sister :laughing: mine was definitely not married before as we were still in school when we met but being a typical barry girl anythings possible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Sarge:

ok since one of my threads has been trashed again
read all about the CV
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71079

Boooooooooooooooooooring :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
if you need to worry about a CV you’re either an office waller or you’ve not got the experience they need, simples.
if they ask what you’ve done and its enough you’ll get the interview or the job.
the problem is batty boy we don’t know if you are still a schoolboy or genuinely looking for work so now most people ignore you, a bit like the story of the boy who cried wolf, eventually people stopped listening, maybe if you were really old enough to drive a truck and get a job we’d be interested but you come out with so much crap we don’t know what to believe and its getting boring

Batista230:
has anyone rang them up just recently
Did they ask for you to send a CV to them?

who are Nolands ■■?

ye mean Nolans ?

welshboyinspain:
simples.

no offence but whats with the “Simples” thing ? ye mean Simple ? theres no plural in Simple, ye not know that in Wales ?

routier:

welshboyinspain:
simples.

no offence but whats with the “Simples” thing ? ye mean Simple ? theres no plural in Simple, ye not know that in Wales ?

no offence but whats with the “ye” thing? do you mean “you”? are you stuck in the medieval ages?

welshboyinspain:

routier:

welshboyinspain:
simples.

no offence but whats with the “ye” thing? do you mean “you”? are you stuck in the medieval ages?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL…cornflakes all over the laptop :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

routier:

welshboyinspain:
simples.

ooooo errrrr

Simples are like pimples - spotty herberts have 'em! :smiley:

welshboyinspain:

routier:

welshboyinspain:
simples.

It’s part on his on-going Plastic Paddy act WBIS - very odd indeed I agree :unamused: :laughing: