nolan group

heard [but also on facebook]that the Nolan group has bought out john Raymond transport,apparently bought for £500 million,nice little pay day for john Raymond and his sons,john Raymond is in his 70s but I bet his sons will retire now,i would with that kind of money

truckman020:
heard [but also on facebook]that the Nolan group has bought out john Raymond transport,apparently bought for £500 million,nice little pay day for john Raymond and his sons,john Raymond is in his 70s but I bet his sons will retire now,i would with that kind of money

This already has another thread related to it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140781&start=0

£500 million :open_mouth: nah

LASHHGV:
£500 million :open_mouth: nah

+1

Suppose it depends on owned assets (warehouses, yards, equipment, other buildings etc). As despite being a decent sized firm profits are not huge if solely into transport, even if the number of employees and turnover is high. No where near £500million. Maybe a 10th of that at a push would be my guess.

Apparently true,everything Inc warehouses,storage,other buildings owned by John raymond basically lock stock and barrell, that’s why it’s such a high price,mind you I did get it from another driver

truckman020:
Apparently true,everything Inc warehouses,storage,other buildings owned by John raymond basically lock stock and barrell, that’s why it’s such a high price,mind you I did get it from another driver

No need to tell us… it was in a waiting cell at tesco’s :wink:

At least the Raymond drivers won’t be short of charts, only going by the Nolan driver who pulled in next to me at Lymm a couple of weeks ago.
He pulled up, hopped out round the passenger side, got back in and produced 3 different charts from above the steering wheel and a cd case, filled them all in and then buggered off again, guess he needed a spare in case he forgot what he was doing , or was preparing a copy for vosa to put in a frame in their office on the unlikely ( ahem ) chance he gets invited in for a meet and greet…

lol 500 thousand maybe.

truckman020:

Absolutely bul—t.For 500million can buy all Stobart,Wincanton,NFT,Culina and half DHL.May be they get 50 million.

ezydriver:
lol 500 thousand maybe.

yeah,that would probably be nearer the mark

Don’t some sisters run it?

eagerbeaver:
Don’t some sisters run it?

They`re not in the office every day.

Only when They`re in the Mood.

No chance for romancing and dancing then?

eagerbeaver:
No chance for romancing and dancing then?

Hope you mean them?

Very few transport companies would ever break the half a billion Mark in terms of valuation. And let’s face it where would someone like Nolans find £500m!

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2015/0 … transport/
If these figures are true it’s no wonder they’ve sold up, and with a turn over of 20 odd million selling for 500 is great business :grimacing: