Noisy bar stewards

Yes I’m ranting but Its just plain ignorant.
What is it with people that think its acceptable to sit in a truckstop restaurant watching a film etc on a mobile phone with the volume at full blast?
FFS have a bit of respect for others around you that don’t necessarily want to listen to what you’re watching. ☆eg headphones☆
I had a quiet word with one guy after 10mins (I thought it might’ve just been a video clip) alas no
he said “oh sorry I didn’t realise how loud it was” [emoji106][emoji106]
All very polite and adult.
Then not 5 mins later another Mr ignorant arrives, sits down and watches a film at max volume…
[emoji931][emoji773]
Guess it’s back to hotel Daf to get some peace and quiet and read my book.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

this is why most drivers these days stay in their cabs, before all the phones and I pads etc the drivers talked to each other, (yes there were boring morons that had been there done, it albeit in a dream) but lots of good information on traffic road works and the like were exchanged, but now with all the background noise and shouting into phones peace is in your own cab among your own creature comforts, and trucknet is informative and silent and gone with a click when the loud ones voice their opinions,

Swish, why are you out of the vehicle?

If you walked in a pub or a lorry park bar we recognised people and knew the plums and the plums knew us

Out on Sunday night in a buffet restaurant and this couple came in with this 9 year old who played some game on his iphone at full blast sat at the next table.

Incidentally the three of them didn’t exchange one word between them for the duration - how sads that.

I have to agree with all your comments. To me it’s the height of ignorance, it does happen here but very rare, we still have the art of conversation, like Hotel Magnum says

(yes there were boring morons that had been there done, it albeit in a dream) but lots of good information on traffic road works and the like were exchanged,

, some can be annoying, but we do talk.

Socketset:
Out on Sunday night in a buffet restaurant and this couple came in with this 9 year old who played some game on his iphone at full blast sat at the next table.

Incidentally the three of them didn’t exchange one word between them for the duration - how sads that.

Surely that has to be the management to say/post notices

“ON NO ACCOUNT ARE YOU (YOUR CHILDREN) ALLOWED TO PLAY,GOOGLE,FACEBOOK,ON YOUR MOBILES WHILST USING THIS RESTAURANT”

pierrot 14:
I have to agree with all your comments. To me it’s the height of ignorance, it does happen here but very rare, we still have the art of conversation, like Hotel Magnum says

(yes there were boring morons that had been there done, it albeit in a dream) but lots of good information on traffic road works and the like were exchanged,

Same here, the conversation (and ■■■■ taking/abuse) is still rife in the truckstops/cafes i use.
Having said that, ive been off work with concussion and had to visit my doctors a couple of times in the last few weeks and the few that were in the waiting room were all head down tapping away on their phones with no other conversacion…sad really how in some instances the art of converse/ has slowly been eroded…

AndrewG:

pierrot 14:

Same here, the conversation (and ■■■■ taking/abuse) is still rife in the truckstops/cafes i use.
Having said that, ive been off work with concussion and had to visit my doctors a couple of times in the last few weeks and the few that were in the waiting room were all head down tapping away on their phones with no other conversacion…sad really how in some instances the art of converse/ has slowly been eroded…

Always get good crack in the Routiers, my French is school level and pronunciation is currently like a stroke victims and most Foreign drivers seem about the same, still manage to have a good banter and chat somehow.

Go in a truck stop here and you get some fat sad sacks in hi vis vests asking why there’s no fried bread on the dinner menu. :laughing:

A.

I was working for a company a while back that provided a quiet room for staff in addition to a lovely canteen. One staff member sittting in there watching some ■■■■ on their phone, no headphones and did they have the hump when I pointed out their transgression! They left shortly after… :grimacing:

Adonis.:

AndrewG:

pierrot 14:

Always get good crack in the Routiers, my French is school level and pronunciation is currently like a stroke victims and most Foreign drivers seem about the same, still manage to have a good banter and chat somehow.

Go in a truck stop here and you get some fat sad sacks in hi vis vests asking why there’s no fried bread on the dinner menu. :laughing:

A.

Can get away with french ok and pretty fluent in spanish (the missus taught me all the abuse/swear words well :grimacing: ) but some pronounciation still isnt up to the indigenous population and can still get me in trouble, a compliment can quite easily go the other way…
Im going to ask her to translate ‘Fud’ for me when shes back Saturday :laughing:

AndrewG:
Can get away with french ok and pretty fluent in spanish (the missus taught me all the abuse/swear words well :grimacing: ) but some pronounciation still isnt up to the indigenous population and can still get me in trouble, a compliment can quite easily go the other way…
Im going to ask her to translate ‘Fud’ for me when shes back Saturday :laughing:

Spanish is easy, just put an O at the end.

“WHERE IS EL BEACHO?”

If they don’t understand just shout louder and wave your arms more. :laughing:

A.

These sort of people get on my goat ,also the idiots with a Bluetooth ear piece constantly glued to there ear shouting down it to there mates who are probably the same sort of idiots…
I think it’s rude when they go to goods in and won’t end the phone call while trying to book in…

Socketset:

I’ve had that, I really couldn’t believe people would be so rude, and the grandparents were there as well and you might have thought being an older generation, they might have asked the kid to put it away, but no.

Meal a couple of weeks back and a kid on a tablet, aged between 2-3. Fortunately no noise, but in the entire meal, I never saw him lift his head from the tablet. How is that teaching the kid anything about talking to people, interacting, life skills? Talking to him and explaining how to behave in public and how to eat well would have been top of my agenda. :neutral_face:

yorkshire terrier:
These sort of people get on my goat ,also the idiots with a Bluetooth ear piece constantly glued to there ear shouting down it to there mates who are probably the same sort of idiots…
I think it’s rude when they go to goods in and won’t end the phone call while trying to book in…

At least you know who the pricks are, easy to spot as they talk about pretend important stuff.

I dislike goods in goons as much as the next man but everyone (the first time anyway) gets a cheery greeting and a smile, I could never be as rude as to be on the phone while dealing with them, even if I didn’t like them.

Maybe it’s an old fashioned thing but it irritates me anytime anyone is on the phone while dealing with someone face to face, be it goods in or simply at McDonald’s.

A.

albion:
Meal a couple of weeks back and a kid on a tablet, aged between 2-3. Fortunately no noise, but in the entire meal, I never saw him lift his head from the tablet. How is that teaching the kid anything about talking to people, interacting, life skills?

That’s modern societies version of the dummy, used to keep the kid quiet and distracted long enough for the parents to be able to have their meal in peace

pierrot 14:

Socketset:

Surely that has to be the management to say/post notices

“ON NO ACCOUNT ARE YOU (YOUR CHILDREN) ALLOWED TO PLAY,GOOGLE,FACEBOOK,ON YOUR MOBILES WHILST USING THIS RESTAURANT”

I would say that was the parent’s duty to say to their child, “you’re out for the evening put the iphone away” or even leave it as home, after all can’t be too many 9 years olds expecting an important call from MI6 to save the World.

Adonis.:

yorkshire terrier:

At least you know who the pricks are, easy to spot as they talk about pretend important stuff.

I dislike goods in goons as much as the next man but everyone (the first time anyway) gets a cheery greeting and a smile, I could never be as rude as to be on the phone while dealing with them, even if I didn’t like them.

Maybe it’s an old fashioned thing but it irritates me anytime anyone is on the phone while dealing with someone face to face, be it goods in or simply at McDonald’s.

A.

Well, I wear a bluetooth pretty much all the time at work because I have to. Utility work constantly changes never mind the emergency stuff as well.

And yes I chat on to my friends,work and of course Mrs Socketset.

BUT…I will always hold the call whilst dealing with anybody whether at the till in the MSA or workshop reception or any other face to face encounter. And be very polite to them. And then resume when the conversation is over.

I don’t shout because I don’t have to - it’s an expensive earpiece.

I just don’t get what it is with some people on here who have a problem with people wearing/using bluetooth.

We don’t all have cab phones and I can shift anything up to seven or eight vehicles a day from gen sets to offroad stuff Unimogs etc.