Noble Foods

Anyone worked for them? With them through the agency this afternoon and not really sure what to expect.

It’s a 14.00 start, run down to south wales and back. They deal with ‘eggs and egg products’ so I assume I’ll be tackling some crazy little farm in the middle of nowhere. Agency say it’s not nights or a night out so will it be like 1 pick up or something?

Cheers
Chris

Which depot is it for.I would think it would be boxed egg to a RDC not ungraded from a farm untill you have been shown how to load them

hi
Ive been doing agency work for them lately, taking artics from their Seamer Farm depot couple of times a week to their Thornton, Scotland site, dropping trailer and picking return one, last run Sunday gone . Jobs OK, overnight work but good job.

Happy hens lay tasty eggs …LOL

It’s out of nottingham (Blidworth). Only reason I thought farm is because of the south wales thing.

Blidworth used to be all processed egg so it will probley be to a bakery or some sort of processed food maker.We used to take all the farm seconds in it will make you think about wot you eat and from where!!!

Haha nice! That’s cool then if it’s not to a farm as I don’t really fancy coming up against the old “unsuitable for HGVs” chestnut :smiley:

I think there is a depot in south wales somewhere but not sure think it belongs to SDC packers so could be from them.If it is ungraded egg make sure you check thats its strapped or has bars in and be gental on the brakes as they will move and you will be expected to restack them

thought it was stc packers? anyway, from what I’ve seen of them they’re a good company to work for, too late to go into detail (you’ll be on the road by now I guess) but hope it goes well for you.

For anyone that’s interested in how it went…

It was brilliant :smiley:

As I’ve been used to doing 15 drop+ multidrop [zb], this was bloody amazing. I had to wait in the canteen for an hour and a half, despite getting there at the time they told me to but didn’t mind that so much. Lorry was a Daf CF on a 52 plate but it was well looked after so nice and clean inside for a change. Job was to deliver 6 ton of eggs to Avana Bakery in Newport south wales. Didn’t get back home till half past midnight but it was a nice stress free run so not too fussed about that!

Basically, did my checks, left for wales, got to the place which was a piece of cake ot find. Backed on to the bay, waited 20 minutes and off I went back home again! Only gripe I had with the wagon is that it was particularly underpowered. Straight six box but I figured it could’ve at least used a splitter on it since you either had to rev the [zb] off it up to get up the hill in 3rd, or change up to 4th and nearly stall the bloody thing. Also the gear markings thing had gone off the top of the gearstick and no-one had bothered to glue it back on so I had to play a few tunes on it to find where reverse was!