No wonder Tesco can’t get drivers

uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=2d28 … m%3Dserpso

It’s titled…

HGV Driver - Avonmouth but, goes on to describe the job, conditions and pay of a warehouse operative.

yourhavingalarf:
It’s titled…

HGV Driver - Avonmouth but, goes on to describe the job, conditions and pay of a warehouse operative.

Exactly my point!

Dimlaith:

yourhavingalarf:
It’s titled…

Exactly my point!

And mine.
That’s the definition of a ‘logistics operative’ in this brave new world of taking as much freight and with it ‘drivers’ off the road as possible.They’ll obviously only want and need to pay Class 1 driver money when the ‘opetrative’ is actually shunting trailers between local locations and warehouse money when working most of the time as a warehouse operative.
Tacographs obviously make that very easy to do for the wages department.

Dimlaith:

yourhavingalarf:
It’s titled…

Exactly my point!

With all due…

Respect, you didn’t make a point, you just put a link up.

But, point taken.

yourhavingalarf:
It’s titled…

That reminds me of something or someone on this board…

Speaking from experience I’d avoid the place at all costs.

Simply put: if you apply for a job based on the title alone, you deserve to get a crap job.

Reading the actual description it doesn’t mention driving anywhere. It should therefore be pretty obvious the title is “click-bait”.

I’d call the entire advert “unprofessional” however, and whoever is responsible for posting them wants firing.

Wouldn’t £13.63ph be a good hourly rate for a warehouse operative?

NOT so good if the job requires one to have and hold a HGV licence I guess…

Don’t Aldi and Lidl meanwhile - have exactly the same kind of “Worker” on around £16ph?
…Essentially a Warehouse Worker that does HGV driving for around 20% of their daily duties?

mike68:

I was under the impression that you worked at Avonmouth

Winseer:
…Essentially a Warehouse Worker that does HGV driving for around 20% of their daily duties?

^ This is why the EE’s really went home and it’s the future of the UK anything but ‘road transport industry’.

It’s just a copy / paste job advert error. Nothing to do with driving.
Quite a good rate for warehouse work.

Yeah its clearly just a ■■■■ up. Happens a lot at bigger companies with one department not knowing what the other wants etc.

For instance jobs at my place…

uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=deca … 2q5ttj4803

Generally accurate but some detail is out of date already and has been bettered or altered.

mike68:

I do and it was a joke, we’re currently in the middle of pay negotiations the less applicants the better.

Carryfast:

Winseer:

^ This is why the EE’s really went home and it’s the future of the UK anything but ‘road transport industry’.

I remember one night about 2 years ago, we were all grounded that night, and sent to report to “De Kit” for our flat shifts, all us agency bods - and the EE’s promptly booked off, despite them “not gonna get paid” for doing so.

It was a Sunday night shift @ £18ph so I stayed there, thinking “Yep, I don’t mind pushing a broom around for one night to nail this premium shift…”

I wouldn’t want to do that every night, for sure… But FFS - you’d think the EE’s would put up with a bit of stick for just the one single night, and at premium rate earnings and all!

mike68:

mike68:

I do and it was a joke, we’re currently in the middle of pay negotiations the less applicants the better.

Don’t tell me… These “Negotiations” are gonna be kept on for as long as enough applicants can be found to fill absent striker’s on agency… A bit like the US election last year “Mail Polls kept open long enough for Trump’s unassailable lead in the now-closed in-person polls to somehow be overtaken”… :unamused:

Winseer:

Carryfast:

Winseer:

I remember one night about 2 years ago, we were all grounded that night, and sent to report to “De Kit” for our flat shifts, all us agency bods - and the EE’s promptly booked off, despite them “not gonna get paid” for doing so.

It was a Sunday night shift @ £18ph so I stayed there, thinking “Yep, I don’t mind pushing a broom around for one night to nail this premium shift…”

I wouldn’t want to do that every night, for sure… But FFS - you’d think the EE’s would put up with a bit of stick for just the one single night, and at premium rate earnings and all!

It depends if your idea of being employed as a ‘driver’ includes however many shifts pushing a broom or warehouse work.Or in fact anything where ‘other duties’ outweigh driving at any wage.
Especially when all you’ve got to do is go back home to cheaper living costs, among your native language and culture, driving a truck on distance work around Europe ( so far ).
If you read the adverts closely between the lines the clear suggestion is the need to work with warehouse/store ‘colleagues’ away from the driving role environment, also induction includes driving and/or inside work ‘assessments’.Why ?.
It would be interesting to read their contract as to any definitions regarding any ‘other reasonable duties’ required.
Bearing in mind that the unions are on board and on message with the anti road transport agenda.

Hourly rate: Days £13.63

Don’t even need a driving license (any)

Hmm. I wonder why

ETS:

Hmm. I wonder why

Wtf are you trying to say?

stu675:

ETS:

Hmm. I wonder why

Wtf are you trying to say?

They ad content describes the duties/requirements for a warehouse worker. The driving license part I added myself, the pay rate is the one they advertised, I assume for warehouse worker (days). So if you’re an 18-20- year old and don’t even have a car license, what are the odds you’re going to go 1) get that and then 2) get an HGV license … to get a £1 or £1.50 per hour more…■■? So is it any wonder that youngs people don’t want to drive hgv