No turning [Merged]

just a little story about hgv drivers getting one over a snob,i had a delivery up a private road one day and the best way to get in was reverse but the driveway was the way I had come in so I had to turn around,across the road was a wide entrance leading to two driveways I reversed into said wide entrance came out so I could reverse up the customers drive,as I was waiting for the customer to open the gates some woman comes down her drive on the pretence of going to her mailbox,she then crossed over and said in a posh accent,HI JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IS A PRIVATE DRIVEWAY AND NO TURNING IS ALLOWED,i replied wheres your signs then,sorry she replied,i said if there is no turning there don’t you think you should have signs telling people exactly that,she gave a little humph and flounced back up to her house,i sat there with a little smile on my face,i expect her husband caught the full force of her anger when he came home,ie being made to look stupid by a mere hgv driver

bloody computers,would not load so out of frustration I hit submit twice or more,result triple post,can the mods cancel the other two,cheers

And breathe in… :sunglasses:

Cool story bro.

Contraflow:
Cool story bro.

cheers,probably find people like that look their nose down on you but don’t have a pot to pxxs in

Unbelievable! :open_mouth:

Monkey man nailed it…

Are not these people the same ones who “spy for the authorities for free” in that they’ll report you with a photograph for venturing into their 7.5t street…?
]
The best way to treat these people is to refuse them Amazon/Knowhow custom.

The RHA needs to grow some and explain to the public that “You either want deliveries of big stuff, or you can come and collect it yourself from our depots, since you won’t let us up your street”. :imp:

I really shouldn’t be laughing…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know it`s “black” Friday maoster, but really… :smiley:

truckman020:
bloody computers,would not load so out of frustration I hit submit twice or more,result triple post,can the mods cancel the other two,cheers

Sorted :smiley:

dieseldave:

truckman020:

Sorted :smiley:

cheers chap

truckman020:
just a little story about hgv drivers getting one over a snob,i had a delivery up a private road one day and the best way to get in was reverse but the driveway was the way I had come in so I had to turn around,across the road was a wide entrance leading to two driveways I reversed into said wide entrance came out so I could reverse up the customers drive,as I was waiting for the customer to open the gates some woman comes down her drive on the pretence of going to her mailbox,she then crossed over and said in a posh accent,HI JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT IS A PRIVATE DRIVEWAY AND NO TURNING IS ALLOWED,i replied wheres your signs then,sorry she replied,i said if there is no turning there don’t you think you should have signs telling people exactly that,she gave a little humph and flounced back up to her house,i sat there with a little smile on my face,i expect her husband caught the full force of her anger when he came home,ie being made to look stupid by a mere hgv driver

And this makes her a snob. Why? Suggesting you don’t turn on her drive? Perhaps a bit is a busy body, but a snob? Next you’ll be saying she’s posh because she has a drive.

Remove that chip off your shoulder.

Plambert:

truckman020:

And this makes her a snob. Why? Suggesting you don’t turn on her drive? Perhaps a bit is a busy body, but a snob? Next you’ll be saying she’s posh because she has a drive.

first of I don’t have a chip on my shoulder,secondly she spoke down to me by her tone,and thirdly if you are going to have a go at a driver for turning in a wide space LEADING TO two driveways she should have signs telling drivers,ie NO TURNING PRIVATE ROAD,plenty other houseowners with driveways have it,and no doubt others have used it to turn

Can’t help but think it would be easier to have just said that you were turning round to deliver.

truckman020:

Plambert:

truckman020:

first of I don’t have a chip on my shoulder,secondly she spoke down to me by her tone,and thirdly if you are going to have a go at a driver for turning in a wide space LEADING TO two driveways she should have signs telling drivers,ie NO TURNING PRIVATE ROAD,plenty other houseowners with driveways have it,and no doubt others have used it to turn

No doubt you are right, you were there but why does this make her a snob? Looking like a whole spud now !

Lighten up things things happen. Just be polite and be on your way no harm done.

midlifetrucker:
Can’t help but think it would be easier to have just said that you were turning round to deliver.

probably would have been lost on her