No pay rise for class 2 drivers :-(

Corbyn didn’t win :open_mouth:

I was so looking forward to those £10 (£10.50) an hour /cry

Were all doomed. Suicide is the only option now.

I’m too young to be a WASPI…but I was supposed to get my pension atb60, so that’s definitely not fair. I was looking forward to applying to the Ministry of Fairness for my free 30k like my senior sister comrades would receive.

ETS:

I thought it was the Tory’s who promised £10.50 ph, but in 5 years, bit like those affordable houses they’d promised in 2014. :wink:

muckles:

ETS:

I thought it was the Tory’s who promised £10.50 ph, but in 5 years, bit like those affordable houses they’d promised in 2014. :wink:

There IS affordable housing out there.
If you’re on £100k. Only those who are too feckless to get such work are complaining.
[emoji5]

albion:
I’m too young to be a WASPI…but I was supposed to get my pension atb60, so that’s definitely not fair. I was looking forward to applying to the Ministry of Fairness for my free 30k like my senior sister comrades would receive.

To be fair this situation should have been resolved years ago possibly around 1973 when the equality was passed, odd that the age of retirement wasn’t equalised then, another case of politicians kicking the can down the road when it comes to making unpopular decisions and then it coming back to haunt them.

Sod the payrise, where’s my free broadband?

the maoster:

You should know by now that there is no such thing as a free lunch (or broadband) :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

You should know by now that there is no such thing as a free lunch (or broadband) :smiley: :smiley:

Similar could be said about tax cuts, what they give with one hand they’ll be taking with the other, unless you’re a billionaire. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Franglais:

muckles:

ETS:

There IS affordable housing out there.
If you’re on £100k. Only those who are too feckless to get such work are complaining.
[emoji5]

There is affordable housing, just not in the south east. Five minutes walk from me, terrace that has been completely renovated for 85k, want to do one up yourself, 65k. When I was employing people, be a van driver for me earn around 32k and getting a mortgage is not a problem.

Mazzer2:

albion:

To be fair this situation should have been resolved years ago possibly around 1973 when the equality was passed, odd that the age of retirement wasn’t equalised then, another case of politicians kicking the can down the road when it comes to making unpopular decisions and then it coming back to haunt them.

I can assure you I was in no way being serious. :wink: Changes made in 1995 were ample time for people to make arrangements. Changes in 2011 that affected around 300k women were I feel, unfair.

I do agree though, should have been tackled earlier.

albion:

Mazzer2:

albion:

I can assure you I was in no way being serious. :wink: Changes made in 1995 were ample time for people to make arrangements. Changes in 2011 that affected around 300k women were I feel, unfair.

I do agree though, should have been tackled earlier.

lol didn’t think you taking it to seriously but just another case of politicians not thinking

How does anyone expect to find ‘affordable housing’ when an uncounted 300,000 immigrants (so assume somewhere nearer half a million plus illegals) are arriving each year looking for housing, get real people unless the demand slows up (it won’t), and we only have a finite amount of land and an even more finite amount of infrastructure to service the population anyway, why do you think they needed to add hard shoulder running to the motorway network.

House buying has always been an issue, most working people who are net contributors can’t afford to live in the better parts of the south east (not the Cotswolds nor Poole etc where our betters reside and pontificate from), even trying to buy a modest house in a not especially desirable part of the country took some doing, requiring more than one persons normal wage, this isn’t a new thing, i don’t know many people who managed to buy their homes on the results of a normal job working 39 hours, many of us have and did 39 hours by Wednesday lunchtime, and that was in our first jobs, many having to supplement our incomes with various other jobs, or end up with two working parents with children farmed out to either extended family or paid strangers, the latter hardly being desirable in the real world.

There are areas of the country where you can buy cheap houses, but too many have ideas of grandeur and status far above their means, squawking about hard done by they are isn’t going to change the fact that it’s always been a struggle to buy a substantial home in a decent area on a normal wage, and this will never change, if you built 2 million new affordable houses you’d find immigration (which they have no intention of slowing) would rise to suit the temporary glut, back to square one, you can’t fit a quart in a pint pot you never could and you ever will.

Juddian:
How does anyone expect to find ‘affordable housing’ when an uncounted 300,000 immigrants (so assume somewhere nearer half a million plus illegals) are arriving each year looking for housing, get real people unless the demand slows up (it won’t), and we only have a finite amount of land and an even more finite amount of infrastructure to service the population anyway, why do you think they needed to add hard shoulder running to the motorway network.

House buying has always been an issue, most working people who are net contributors can’t afford to live in the better parts of the south east (not the Cotswolds nor Poole etc where our betters reside and pontificate from), even trying to buy a modest house in a not especially desirable part of the country took some doing, requiring more than one persons normal wage, this isn’t a new thing, i don’t know many people who managed to buy their homes on the results of a normal job working 39 hours, many of us have and did 39 hours by Wednesday lunchtime, and that was in our first jobs, many having to supplement our incomes with various other jobs, or end up with two working parents with children farmed out to either extended family or paid strangers, the latter hardly being desirable in the real world.

There are areas of the country where you can buy cheap houses, but too many have ideas of grandeur and status far above their means, squawking about hard done by they are isn’t going to change the fact that it’s always been a struggle to buy a substantial home in a decent area on a normal wage, and this will never change, if you built 2 million new affordable houses you’d find immigration (which they have no intention of slowing) would rise to suit the temporary glut, back to square one, you can’t fit a quart in a pint pot you never could and you ever will.

It’s all good and well, banging on about those nasty foreigners coming here, but as you are surely aware, our capitalist system, as wel as our social security system, need a constant I crease of the population. For the capitalists, to ensure a continuing demand for their products , and for the social (health and old age) security, because for every person depending on the system, you need two to pay/run it (that is a simplification of numbers, but you know what I mean). So unless the ‘indigenous population’ start breeding like they used to, we need immigration.

That is, without mentioning the fact that to many indigenous people are to lazy to do jobs like fruit/vegetables picking etc. I agree that immigration needs to be controlled, but you can not simply blame all immigrants for the failures of the system.

Capitalism, by it’s very nature, needs continuing expansion. We have finite resources. You can do the maths…

My wife (born in 57) is one of those affected by the pension change. She assumed that she was going to retire in 2017, but now has to wait until 2013. Of course, she is annoyed, but she was aware of the changes right from when they happened so she gets equally annoyed by women who say that it is a big surprise. She is not an avid reader of news either.

Santa:
She assumed that she was going to retire in 2017, but now has to wait until 2013.

What you worried about? Shes got a time machine. You’ll be loaded :laughing:

Juddian:

Well Diane Scabbot says immigrants are net contributors to our economy so if we just let enough of them in we’ll have all the cash we need for all Corbyn’s freebies.

And young university mongs buy into this notion. You couldn’t make it up.