No Nail Boxes, Bretton / Saltney, Flintshire

Hi

Any information regarding No Nail Boxes at Bretton (wagon repair depot & storage) greatly appreciated.

I am doing a book about the village.

Harry Rowland aka Harry the Fish ex No Nail / Stan Hourd / RA & CE Platt / George Mayer etc. is still alive and well!

Cheers

In the 70’s I used to backload through a haulier/clearing house from east London “■■■■■■■■■■■ It was always about 14 packs of plywood from Montaque L Meyers yard on the Isle of Dogs and was always for delivery to the ‘No Nail Box Co;’ in Saltney’

Always a quick load and tip and bet there were 3/4 loads, maybe more, leaving London everyday for Saltney :question: :question:

Hope this helps
Regards
Dave Penn;

Hiya… blinkin hell dave we at harrisons at stoke did god knows how many loads of that ply.
After the no nail moved on that place was to become Shell composites / Colas (Shell) it become
Laybond. i worked there for about 18 years.Bostik bought out laybond for the Gripfill product
and now its closed down.the bitumen (IoM) contract has gone to nynas.two hundred workers
have gone all directions. that was a good job nealy £10 p-h in 2002 plus O/T
John

3300John I have sent you my email via private message, please get in touch, Cheers

davepenn54:
In the 70’s I used to backload through a haulier/clearing house from east London “■■■■■■■■■■■ It was always about 14 packs of plywood from Montaque L Meyers yard on the Isle of Dogs and was always for delivery to the ‘No Nail Box Co;’ in Saltney’

Always a quick load and tip and bet there were 3/4 loads, maybe more, leaving London everyday for Saltney :question: :question:

Hope this helps
Regards
Dave Penn;

I did the same job several times during the 70s when Perfects of Gt. Yarmouth, who I worked for, had a clearing house in London and as you say it it was quick loading and tipping. I also loaded out of MLM for Widness, a cracking tip there too. Regards, Haddy.