No more free showers

yourhavingalarf:
Given the…

Chance of a free shower or, exactly the same shower for £3 which would you choose?

It’s that simple.

Exactly,

But from the other side, given the choice of giving a free shower to someone who hasn’t spent a penny here, or charge £3, which you choose?

stevieboy308:

yourhavingalarf:
Given the…

Chance of a free shower or, exactly the same shower for £3 which would you choose?

It’s that simple.

Exactly,

But from the other side, given the choice of giving a free shower to someone who hasn’t spent a penny here, or charge £3, which you choose?

Their side…

Of the argument isn’t my concern though. Me being £3 up or down is. What’s next, pay for water at the pumps, charge for bog roll like they do in Europe, salt and pepper?

If you’re happy to pay for something that is/was free, then crack on.

We can all spin the argument for and against for months and no one will change their minds. So, I’m out.

yourhavingalarf:

stevieboy308:

yourhavingalarf:
Given the…

It’s that simple.

Exactly,

Their side…

Of the argument isn’t my concern though. Me being £3 up or down is. What’s next, pay for water at the pumps, charge for bog roll like they do in Europe, salt and pepper?

If you’re happy to pay for something that is/was free, then crack on.

We can all spin the argument for and against for months and no one will change their minds. So, I’m out.

Come on, join the dots up, your side of the argument isn’t their concern though.

And it’s their shower, so if they want charge people that don’t spend money with them 3 quid, then they can, if you don’t wanna spend 3 quid with them to get a shower, then you don’t have to.

Like I said of course, I’d prefer a free shower, plenty of truck stops have charged for showers for years, think I’ve only ever paid once or twice for a shower and I don’t see that number going up anytime soon.

The trouble with getting stuff for free is people take it for granted and think they’re entitled to it. Look at the £20 UC uplift, no one in their right mind would offer that again

No issues with paying for a shower IF I haven’t paid to park.

Think that’s only fair.

I do expect a decent clean shower if I’ve paid for it though; that’s where most providers seem to fall down

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Yourhavingalarf actually reminded me of something that is charged for that was previously free, air. I know when they started charging for the pumps in garages I was put out. I fell in line though, and there’s no way of ‘earning’ the free use of the pumps either.
When I had to use a pump in Ireland a couple of years back, I instinctively went to the cashier for a token. “We don’t charge for free air” he said! :unamused:

Monkey241:

Think that’s only FAIR

I do expect a decent clean shower if I’ve paid for it though;

I was done with this thread, but I’ve got to comment on this. :smiley:

‘‘FAIR’’ ?..A word hardly ever used in the same sentence with the words ‘‘motorway services’’ being also in there.
I fully realise they are a private enterprise outfit not a charity and they can charge whatever tf they like, but fairness??

Is it ‘fair’ to charge in excess of 30 quid for a truck to park up with zero security?

Is it ‘fair’ as above where some of these places are crime hot spots…and they do zero actions to improve on that.

Is it ‘fair’ to charge 1st class prices for 3rd class crappy ‘‘food’’.

And you say you ONLY expect whatever they provide to be clean if you pay for it? :neutral_face:
Seriously? Do you not expect the toilets they provide to be clean, or do some of you think it would be fine for them to charge us for them also going by that theory?

They only (reluctantly) allow us to park there because they have to by law.
They don’t actually want us for the extra room and potential car and coach parking places we take up…illustrated by the fact where they put us, well away from the actual concourse area, which is the reason (but NOT the justification) for the stink of ■■■■ on the truck parks.

And this is why I laugh at some of you as drivers actually trying to stick up for them by justifying them closing down the ONLY perk they give to us drivers using the motorway…ie a ‘‘service’’. :bulb:

As you’ve probably picked up I an not a fan of MSAs due to my experiences of them in the past, if they were FAIR as you put it, in the context I have set out, I would certainly use them for other than I only do now…a Gregg’s coffee, a shower,.and a visit to the khazi.

And just to reiterate for the final time for the hard of thinking on here :unamused: …The 3 quid is neither here nor there in terms of feeling of loss, it is The principle… :bulb:

robroy:

Monkey241:

Think that’s only FAIR

‘‘FAIR’’ ?..A word hardly ever used in the same sentence with the words ‘‘motorway services’’ being also in there.
I fully realise they are a private enterprise outfit not a charity and they can charge whatever tf they like, but fairness??

Is it ‘fair’ to charge in excess of 30 quid for a truck to park up with zero security?

Is it ‘fair’ as above where some of these places are crime hot spots…and they do zero actions to improve on that.

And you say you ONLY expect whatever they provide to be clean if you pay for it? :neutral_face:
Seriously? Do you not expect the toilets they provide to be clean, or do some of you think it would be fine for them to charge us for them also going by that theory?

They don’t actually want us for the extra room and potential car and coach parking places we take up…illustrated by the fact where they put us, well away from the actual concourse area, which is the reason (but NOT the justification) for the stink of ■■■■ on the truck parks.

And this is why I laugh at some of you as drivers actually trying to stick up for them by justifying them closing down the ONLY perk they give to us drivers using the motorway…ie a ‘‘service’’. :bulb:

As you’ve probably picked up I an not a fan of MSAs due to my experiences of them in the past, if they were FAIR as you put it, in the context I have set out, I would certainly use them for other than I only do now…a Gregg’s coffee, a shower,.and a visit to the khazi.

And just to reiterate for the final time for the hard of thinking on here :unamused: …The 3 quid is neither here nor there in terms of feeling of loss, it is The principle… :bulb:

It’s not about sticking up for them, it’s just commonsense and no feeling of entitlement.

Yes of course I’d want them to be free, but I ain’t gonna kick off that a business has stopped providing something for free that costs them money to people who don’t contribute to them.

I really don’t see how people can argue against that!

Ok fine, not a problem from my end. we’ll just have to agree to disagree then eh?
Sorted.

Oh btw…
Express my opinion whether or not you agree with it?..Yes.
Express disappointment with the situation ? Yes.

‘‘Kick Off’’…hardly eh?
:unamused:

Surely, in many other countries, the showers and facilities are “manned” usually by a formidable lady of a certain vintage. Probably paid a very small salary, but with a tip tray, in which we drivers would put a € or so?
God help any driver who was known or seen to “abuse” the facilities!
Surely we could■■? if not, why not?

wakou:
Surely, in many other countries, the showers and facilities are “manned” usually by a formidable lady of a certain vintage. Probably paid a very small salary, but with a tip tray, in which we drivers would put a € or so?
God help any driver who was known or seen to “abuse” the facilities!
Surely we could■■? if not, why not?

Exactly,.and just to prove my ‘‘matter of principle’’ point,.I would more than likely put at LEAST 3 quid in her …pint glass…
(Would it be a pint glass, or am I getting putting money in an pint glass for a lady confused with an entirely different situation. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:)
Older drivers will know exactly what I mean Red Lion etc. :smiley:

robroy:
Ok fine, not a problem from my end. we’ll just have to agree to disagree then eh?
Sorted.

Oh btw…

‘‘Kick Off’’…hardly eh?

I’ve heard you get “very irate” tho.

JeffA:

robroy:
Sorted.

Oh btw…

‘‘Kick Off’’…hardly eh?

I’ve heard you get “very irate” tho.

Only with a certain ‘‘type’’ of member on here…so you should be aware of it for one. :wink: :smiley:

^^

Miaow… :slight_smile:

robroy:
Sorted.

Oh btw…

‘‘Kick Off’’…hardly eh?

“But I ain’t gonna kick off” :wink:

robroy:

Monkey241:

Think that’s only FAIR

Rather a lot to miss the point.
Brevity is underrated

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk