No more driving for me!

no more driving trucks for me!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:
today was my last day driving trucks (after nearly 20 years) as i have a new job with the local authority, no more 3am starts in the winter, no more can you just nip!, no more stroppy weighbridge men or security baboons. i’m sure i’ll miss it to start but not for too long. got a nice cusshy office job with better prospects, a pension and lots of totty to look at. yippee.
good luck on the road lads (don’t let the buggers grind you down) and keep safe during this cold spell.
:laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing:

What was it Arnie said… :wink:

tiger65:
no more driving trucks for me!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:
today was my last day driving trucks (after nearly 20 years) as i have a new job with the local authority, no more 3am starts in the winter, no more can you just nip!, no more stroppy weighbridge men or security baboons. i’m sure i’ll miss it to start but not for too long. got a nice cusshy office job with better prospects, a pension and lots of totty to look at. yippee.
good luck on the road lads (don’t let the buggers grind you down) and keep safe during this cold spell.
:laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing:

will they be providing you with a bunk to lie down in for 6 hrs a day in your new job tiger :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
never mind my thoughts will be with you toiling a way all day whilst im snoozing away all day

no need for sleep during the day anymore, only got to work 37 yes thats 37 hours a week oh joy!
after 20 years of trucking (UK and continent) there will be no “i’ll be back”, so Arnie can whistle. :open_mouth:
i will think about you all at 8.40 on Mon when i am walking to work knowing ill be home again by 5. sorry lads i’m on the road to semi-retirement with a gold plated pension. unless Gordon and Alistair have other ideas. :open_mouth:
the lads at work always said i was a clever t*"t, (not sure they meant the same as me though), now i have the certificates and the job to prove it.

And the very best of luck to you, hope it all goes really well :smiley:

gezt:
And the very best of luck to you, hope it all goes really well :smiley:

many thanks for that Getz.
hope i don’t miss it too much (driving that is). :smiley:

ROG:

Asta la vista baby !!

Mike-C:

ROG:

Asta la vista baby !!

I was thinking more… I’ll be back :wink:

Ahhhh, irony. Sometimes it’s wasted.

Congratulations!

Lucky sod! All the best (grudgingly) :slight_smile:

Good luck on the Council, you need to read some of Carryfasts posts, he goes on about not being able to get a proper job and was left behind.

Bloody hell, a full time gritter driver.

I would have committed homicide for that :laughing: :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Good luck on the Council, you need to read some of Carryfasts posts, he goes on about not being able to get a proper job and was left behind.

No such thing as a full time gritter driver Wheel Nut and the wages were bad enough to make anyone turn to armed robbery :laughing: :laughing:.But I was only going on about getting stuck on uk work but things could have been worse considering the times like being stuck on the dole or local multi drop instead of trunking when I left the council.But all the council transport work has been privatised for years since I worked there.

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

No such thing as a full time gritter driver Wheel Nut and the wages were bad enough to make anyone turn to armed robbery :laughing: :laughing:.But I was only going on about getting stuck on uk work but things could have been worse considering the times like being stuck on the dole or local multi drop instead of trunking when I left the council.But all the council transport work has been privatised for years since I worked there.

I would have been on standby for 37 hours and then been a Gigolo for the rest of the week! :laughing: