no joy

Well ive got a start thanks to my instructor giving me the heads up about a job , its 7.5 tonne work an its a bit of a drive to get there , but hell its work driving and an income :smiley:

misterg44:
Well ive got a start thanks to my instructor giving me the heads up about a job , its 7.5 tonne work an its a bit of a drive to get there , but hell its work driving and an income :smiley:

Exactly. You’re on the ladder. Well done.

Can I ask why you’ve not gone for it?

I understand what your saying about the cost, but at least its a foot in the door. There are lads on the agency I’m with who started on 7.5t and have worked up, some in under the magic 2 yrs. I have 15yrs exp, but when I need some cash I’ll drive anything, its that attitude that can get you places with some agencies.

The expierence thing has been there for years, I ended up challenging my first agency owner to send her best driver to reverse the 40ft artic hay trailer we had to get a start 15 yrs ago. She didn’t take the offer up, but gave me my first start.

I have done and will accept anything but still not had any work god weeks, I can’t Believe it’s that quite on the agency front, I was none stop last year know nothing I have signed on with 4 more agencies but nothing

Medaluk:

Can I ask why you’ve not gone for it?

I understand what your saying about the cost, but at least its a foot in the door. There are lads on the agency I’m with who started on 7.5t and have worked up, some in under the magic 2 yrs. I have 15yrs exp, but when I need some cash I’ll drive anything, its that attitude that can get you places with some agencies.

The expierence thing has been there for years, I ended up challenging my first agency owner to send her best driver to reverse the 40ft artic hay trailer we had to get a start 15 yrs ago. She didn’t take the offer up, but gave me my first start.

I have done and will accept anything but still not had any work god weeks, I can’t Believe it’s that quite on the agency front, I was none stop last year know nothing I have signed on with 4 more agencies but nothing

It has been quieter this year though, I have been lucky and managed around 2 days a week without pushing too hard. Add in the extra drivers that were made redundant before xmas and the work takes some spreading around. Then some firm have been using agencies as a very last resort to cut costs.

I wasn’t having a go in my reply, it just gets me that some people think that because they have passed the test, they are guarrenteed artic work straight away, it takes time to build up a good reputation. Alot also depends on the agency, its taken me a while to find a good one, you help them and they help you, but with some you could work 5 x15 hrs and still be the bottom of the list.

Henrys cat:
I wasn’t having a go in my reply, it just gets me that some people think that because they have passed the test, they are guarrenteed artic work straight away, it takes time to build up a good reputation. Alot also depends on the agency, its taken me a while to find a good one, you help them and they help you, but with some you could work 5 x15 hrs and still be the bottom of the list.

i have a pretty good rep with one 2 agencies but nothing about at present, signed with another at tilbury docks and they seem a lot more professional than some and deal with bigger haulage firms i.e containers out the port as opposed to small firms with pointless contracts { i was sent from basildon to muswell hill to pick up ONE acro prop from a client, what a waste of fuel, i was paid so dont care but not very cost effective from the companies aspect}, and he has actually got new c c+e drivers into clients as they dont mind newbies, all i need is a chance to prove myself paid or unpaid if thats what it takes,
Iam feed up with just makeing ends meet i want to live not survive :frowning:

well had phone call at 6.30am offering work :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: so shot of on me bike and done a days multidrop for a big bathroom whorehouse, only 7.5 but nice to be back behind a wheel, and got it again tommorow, lets hope i get something next week aswell

Medaluk:

Henrys cat:

i have a pretty good rep with one 2 agencies but nothing about at present, signed with another at tilbury docks and they seem a lot more professional than some and deal with bigger haulage firms i.e containers out the port as opposed to small firms with pointless contracts { i was sent from basildon to muswell hill to pick up ONE acro prop from a client, what a waste of fuel, i was paid so dont care but not very cost effective from the companies aspect}, and he has actually got new c c+e drivers into clients as they dont mind newbies, all i need is a chance to prove myself paid or unpaid if thats what it takes,
Iam feed up with just makeing ends meet i want to live not survive :frowning:

fed up with making ends meet then you offer to work for free? please dont under value yourself, … try roadways containers in barking there youngs of purfleet/thurrock they were ok , used to be loads of truck companies around purfleet/thurrock way that would give you a try … but dont work for free as tehy will just take ■■■■ out of you and say your not suitable and get next bloke in.