no job

got back friday ,boss says companys in the [zb],our contract with whom we were working for has ceased,told to look for another job as he has no other work,thanked me for my hard work for the last year,goodbye?

haggis eater:
got back friday ,boss says companys in the [zb],our contract with whom we were working for has ceased,told to look for another job as he has no other work,thanked me for my hard work for the last year,goodbye?

What’s the name of your company?
Soz to hear about your predicament, hope something turns up soon.

It’s no consolation but sounds like a fella with morals. He could have kept you on then left you without wages when things go bust, however, it sounds like he is trying to salvage the business so maybe he can move forward again sometime in the future ?

I agree with kerbdog. Never nice to be laid off but at least he did it properly.
Good luck finding another job

Least he was open and honest, better than the scum who owe people thousands and deny that their bottom faces downwards :angry:

All the best though mate, hope it works out, least you didn’t get owed money on the way out. :confused:

haggis eater:

feel for you! :imp: where are you based? If work is scarce, :open_mouth: agency perhaps? :wink: good luck in the very near future! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sorry to hear your job’s down the pan, mine is about to go te same way but at least i have a bit of warning first. I really hope you find another job soon, good luck with your search.

thanks for all your comments.have been tramping most off my 22 years of driving, worked for a few firms over the years,so it looks like i will have to go down the agency route as there is no full time work around where i live. :slight_smile:[

If he gave you no notice make sure you get a weeks pay in lieu of notice or what your contract states, whichever is the greater, plus all outstanding holiday pay.

sorry for your predicament and i hope you find another job soon.

read the thread by bonnie lass titled advice needed please - it’ll give you more of an insite into what to expect when you join the agency.

good luck and i hope you’re not out of work for long.