No driving for me .... Again!

I suspect Robs post was a little tongue in cheek and Conor is laying low

I think the whole tramping thing has its place. When I did it I was the same as Rob as in I had my allocated unit with all my bits in it and some company provided mod cons like microwave, coffee machine etc. And it was never used for anyone other than me unless I was on holiday and even then they knew who to give it to to avoid me telling them to poke nights out for a bit or screw over day one of my return while I get the truck back up to a livable standard.

Now I’m days only for a supermarket I don’t expect any of the sort. The trucks are double shifted and are in the main surprisingly clean (although not spotless) and I just jump from until to unit each day on the basis that I’m at work for maybe 9hrs a day tops now.

It’s all lifestyles I guess. At one point being away didn’t bother me, I liked the extra money, peace etc. But ever since being put on furlough I realised I was missing too much so dropped the nights out pretty much fully and then found another job to drop my hours down a fair bit. The trade off being that the job I do now bores the hell out of me as its same old places every day versus being out and about here there and everywhere.

peirre:

Loud, opinionated, brash and obnoxious he may be, but I don’t for one minute think that he’s stupid! I think he has the sense to realise when to keep quiet.

I suspect that Conor is the same! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

peirre:

Loud, opinionated, brash and obnoxious he may be, but I don’t for one minute think that he’s stupid! I think he has the sense to realise when to keep quiet.

I suspect that Conor is the same! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

■■■■ !!
:laughing: :laughing:

Was about to start a new thread but thought I tag it onto here…

Recently I have been noticing that agencies and some employers are posting misleasing ads when it comes to pay.

£18.00 for days £21 for Sundays then you read the full ad and the rate includes holiday pay. Then there are the ads for full time employment £38,000 per year only to discover it is for a 50 hour week including every other Sat, these type of ads seem to be increasing.

Agencies lying about jobs that don’t exist and hourly rates that don’t exist has been going on for years, it’s their modus operandi. Firms now advertising £50,000 per annum in most cases is pie in the sky. Funny they very rarely state how many hours need to be worked to achieve anywhere near the wages stated. There’s going to be a lot of dissolusioned newbies out there when they realise in most cases there’s 30% truth and 70% bull5h1t flying about, especially at the lower end of the haulage sector.

Supermarkets in particular always overbook for Bank Holiday weekends, they are petrified of everyone cranking up the BBQ so they cover their arses by booking 50% approx more than normal. Then when the actual volumes come through the day before hey guess what, they cancel an absolute shedload.