No Dog Clip

Evening peeps

Sure someone can answer this, i do not have a dog clip on the fifth wheel coupling, not one of those cords where you pull the L shaped bracket down out of the way, instead, to the left of the pin lever, there is a small lever which can be pushed down.
Is this a new thing? ive not seen it before, and i hope im write in guessing, that you just push the small lever down in order to be able to pull the pin?

Ta

Gurner:
Is this a new thing?

No, they have been around for a while

And is that right then, just back on, no clip or nothing, and to release just hold the lever down and pull the pin release lever?

Basically, yeah. I’m never 100% confident of these dog-clip free fifthwheels, so I duck under the trailer and check it’s properly located with a torch shone into the jaws, just to be safe. :wink:

I will give it a good tug, dont you worry about that :open_mouth:

What about your trailer then :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Bad boy!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lucy:
Basically, yeah. I’m never 100% confident of these dog-clip free fifthwheels, so I duck under the trailer and check it’s properly located with a torch shone into the jaws, just to be safe. :wink:

yep i echo that i always double check my clip even if just being in the truck stop.

Gurner:
I will give it a good tug

Err, we’re talking about something else at the moment mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

aidey:
What about your trailer then :smiley:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah I used to get confused about the legal side. The law is that if there is no dog clip fitted then its legal to run without one… & getting under & checking the jaws is a good idea.

I have had this argument several times with transport companies, over the sprung L shaped bracket, I insist that there is a dog clip fitted as well before I leave the yard.
there IS a bracket / hole above the sprung lever for a dog clip. I have seen trailers dropped on their knees due to these type of 5th wheels, and theres the slimmest of chances that the bracket can bounce open, thats why I use a dog clip, and if 1 isn`t fitted, I carry 1 in my work bag and use that

So did I. At 44t gross you could get into all kinds of trouble…

Hello everyone,

I have receieved a call today from any agency that I worked for about a month ago.

They sent me to a firm in Leeds on a night shift …the company did not give me a chart so I used my own…had to use my mobile too and phsycic ability as well to find the drops because the didnt have any addresses for the deliveries…anyway I off on a tangent but you get the picture :laughing:

Anyway the agy have said that the company will not pay them until they get the chart…

I have sent a copy of the chart via email explaining that I am self employed and as far as I know trhe chart belongs to me…

My question is when on NOVA and using my own charts for jobs am i responsible for keeping them.

Don;t want to see the agy stook but I don,t wanna drop myself in it too :wink: :wink:

D`oh

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Coder:
Anyway the agy have said that the company will not pay them until they get the chart…

:open_mouth: You got to wait 30 days for your money :confused: Just photocopy it and send that to agency. :slight_smile:

Sorry I was not very clear I have been paid but hte agy must invoice monthly I think.

I have scanned the original and sent it to them :wink:

I dont think ‘Ownership’ of the chart matters at all.

I believe the Law says that you keep the chart for as long as you are required to carry it for inspection purposes, after which time it must be returned to the company which operate the vehicle.

thecoder0:
I have sent a copy of the chart via email explaining that I am self employed and as far as I know trhe chart belongs to me…

Nope, regardless of what employment arrangements you have at the end of the day you still have to ensure the chart is returned to the vehicle operator within 21 days. Usually this will mean passing it to your agency in order that they can send it to their client within that 21 day period. If you don’t do this then you’re breaking the law.

If you want to keep a record for yourself you can always photocopy/scan it before you send it.

Paul