No digi card - legal to drive it?

2 questions that have prob been asked before but I cannot seem to find the answers :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 - if i had a digi and lost it can i drive a vehicle that requires one :question:

2 - if i’ve never had a digi card can i drive a vehicle that requires one :question:

Ta

answer 1;

Report loss / theft to DVLA within 7 calendar days. You may drive for up to 15 calendar days, but you need to take printouts at begining and end of shift. You may drive over 15 days if it took longer to return to base, but only if you can prove the impossibility of obtaining a replacement card.

answer 2;

NO

geebee45:
answer 1;

Report loss / theft to DVLA within 7 calendar days. You may drive for up to 15 calendar days, but you need to take printouts at begining and end of shift. You may drive over 15 days if it took longer to return to base, but only if you can prove the impossibility of obtaining a replacement card.

answer 2;

NO

THANK YOU :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So what if a driver only does domestic hrs and is given a vehicle with a digitacho,can it not just be put to out of scope,we have some buses that are occasionally used on domestic journeys and they are just using them without even putting them out of scope? curious.

Roddersdad;

your question is very specific and some of it does not relate to HGV use as the regulations are different. However, if your use of the vehicle is exempt from the EU drivers hours rules then you generally come under UK domestic hours code. If driving under domestic hours you have the choice of using the tacho or a log book. If you use the tacho (digital) use the ‘out of scope function,’ if you’re using charts write on them that it’s a domestic hours journey. If driving buses under domestic hours then the driver does not need to keep any record. Be careful though, if you do some EU work on a day, then you must have a complete record for ALL work that day, both EU and Domestic.

geebee45:
Roddersdad;

your question is very specific and some of it does not relate to HGV use as the regulations are different. However, if your use of the vehicle is exempt from the EU drivers hours rules then you generally come under UK domestic hours code. If driving under domestic hours you have the choice of using the tacho or a log book. If you use the tacho (digital) use the ‘out of scope function,’ if you’re using charts write on them that it’s a domestic hours journey. If driving buses under domestic hours then the driver does not need to keep any record. Be careful though, if you do some EU work on a day, then you must have a complete record for ALL work that day, both EU and Domestic.

Thanks for quick reply not meaning to hijack thread,the majority of ‘my’ work is under EU rules,and if using said vehicle i always pop card in and put it out of scope,if it is a domestic journey.

It was mainly asked as we have some drivers that only work to domestic hrs and they are occasionally given said vehicle to use and have no digicard,

many thanks,Clive.