No Deal queues - extra POA

Franglais:

Winseer:
No Deal Queues:

Speculation, or deliberate sabotage by the Continental authorities.

No reason why we won’t just go back to what it was like in the 1990’s, except in 2019-20 - we ain’t in a recession any more!

In 1995 there were just over 1,000,000 freight movements through Dover. No Delays, because we were in recession, leading to lower traffic volumes at that time. We keep getting told the UK economy will shrink following a no-deal Brexit. That makes sense… So where are all these miles of “delays” coming from, if so much continental traffic suddenly CEASES due to it being the very hardest of Brexits? UNLESS we “carry on as before, just not paying a membership fee” - to keep the EU’s hands on the profits they make FROM that free trade… Are the EU really going to throw out their last vestige of money they get from Britain being in the EU? It is their choice, rather than hours. If we lose a currently running trading loss - then it is like having your utility bill paid off by your neighbor - you are better off if someone else takes a negative amount away from you! Minus a Minus - makes a Plus!
In 2018 there were just under 2,500,000 movements.

In the 90`s we had a long standing free trade agreement with the EU. That’s what we’ll have post-Brexit, except we won’t be paying for it any more. The EU can try all they like to get us to pay for this proverbial “Gym Membership” we’re trying to cancel - but in the end, they’ll let us carry on the free trade - for free. If they don’t - all the horrors of a “crash out” Hard Brexit are upon THEM first and foremost, as they actually make a tidy profit on that trade, whereas Britain - does NOT. If it ceases entirely due to a no deal Brexit - then the EU is worse off by that trade profit AND the contributions that the UK used to make to Brussels, but now does NOT.

So, that`s two reasons why you are talking absolute tosh.

Now explain why you, as a Remain supporter - feel that you personally will LOSE if we do Brexit…
Come to that, why were you not so concerned about the future of the wider economy, when the Mainstream parties were in power your entire life - only for you to strangely get poorer over time, because of the incumbent government’s fiscal policies?

Businesses - get poorer if the economy shrinks. “Recession” - is bad for both Employer and Employee - but far worse for Employee IF they lose their jobs, but “No harm at all” if the employee KEEP their job, and don’t get their T&Cs eroded.
If we survived in the 90’s recession, no one giving a ■■■■ about who got laid off by which companies that then went on to survive… Then what is different about Brexit, and the risk of a shrinking economy with lay-offs NOW?

Governments - will borrow money to spend on the public sector, - but not to shore up private sector wage demands! Thus, inflation ends up being the enemy of the worker, instead of being the friend of the debtor, which even more people are these days, compared to “Employed”, oddly enough.

The GDP shrinking - won’t put the transport sector out of work. It’ll just reduce the number of full-time vacancies available, and supress wage settlements in the private sector. As long as we’ve still got Zero Hours Contracts - the sector will NOT be devestated by Brexit.

The 1990’s - were the best years of my life as a LGV driver btw. This is because I had planned my young life out based on “someone higher than me - out to get me” all the time, a “Paranoia” policy if you will, that prepared me for the recession to come. I ended up better-off financially, because I’d planned ahead, and actually counted on the government stitching the public up with a deflationist agenda… Thus, the very best seven years of my life - were 1996-2003, despite me not voting nor supporting the incoming Blair government in any way. Being harder-up in the Early 90’s - also shielded me from the great housing re-posession cycle - which left Millions of former Tory voters - as “Older Generation Rent” - unable to get a cheap mortgage ever again, due to “bad credit” following losing their houses, unable to make the four-figure payments per month on properties they purchased at the top of the market, 1988 - onwards… To this day, my own deflation financial planning (which I’ve prepared for, despite object to) - leaves me enough ahead so that my wife need not get a job for us to get by.

I, therefore - would welcome a return to the 90’s, where life was a whole lot less complicated than it is NOW.
That - it what I anticipate will happen Post-Brexit to our continental trade with geographic Europe.

'tis a good job we didn’t join the Euro - isn’t it?

Winseer:
I, therefore - would welcome a return to the 90’s, where life was a whole lot less complicated than it is NOW.
That - it what I anticipate will happen Post-Brexit to our continental trade with geographic Europe.

'tis a good job we didn’t join the Euro - isn’t it?

Me too. 1990s were a cracking time. Bought a house for next to sod all which I lived in for 15 years and owned for 20 and resisted the temptation to increase the mortgage on it like those all around me were doing. Tons of work about, less hassle than now, much less to waste your money on that people think are an essential today.