No data

Hi, I have a DAF XF95 430 2005 and when checking old level on the dash dial I get am error message showing no data.

Can any one advise me, as I want to get away from lifting the cab.
Cheers

Is this first thing or after allowing to stand for up to half an hour after running before requesting level.

My comment, what a bloody stupid idea to make any vehicle (save some poncy £300,000 Roller) without an easily found dipstick available upon lifting the bonnet, proper cars even get three dipsticks and thats not including the driver.

Juddian:
what a bloody stupid idea to make any vehicle (save some poncy £300,000 Roller) without an easily found dipstick available upon lifting the bonnet

+1
Ever since the first time I found trucks starting to not have an actual physical dipstick to use I knew it was a bad idea. Electronics are far from reliable enough

That’s another good thing I like with Volvos the fact you can check via computer or dipstick.

If the engine has been started you won’t get a reading.the advice from DAF is run engine then allow 15min for oil to settle.

Welcome to the 21st century. Mechanics are being replaced with IT techs to sort out the ever increasing list of bad design issues

No data is as bad as false data, was a new truck in our yard for a while with no dipstick, didn’t take the driver long to find out it actually had no oil in it. Bang.

bald bloke:
That’s another good thing I like with Volvos the fact you can check via computer or dipstick.

Depends which volvo you drive, I drive 18t/26t gas tankers at the moment and if you wanna check the dipstick you still have to tip the cab.
Due to company policy us drivers aren’t allow to do this!

brabus2458:
Hi, I have a DAF XF95 430 2005 and when checking old level on the dash dial I get am error message showing no data.

Can any one advise me, as I want to get away from lifting the cab.
Cheers

Its DAF. It may work or not. Can be low today,you fill up and next Stop it says "too much Oil!
I recomment to invest all few Year a few Quit in new Sensor.
Same on Axor