No cpc

I’ve been told by an agency I can work for them without a cpc. I’m 22 and I’ve done my mod 2 but not my mod 4 yet. I didn’t think I could work without it but the agency say different? Could someone clear this up for me please

Taking that you are only 22, you will not have grandfather rights to CPC like the oldies :wink:.

So they are full of crap and yes you will need Mod4 before you can drive commercially.

The only exception I can think of (and you are on very thin ice with it) is if its one of the exempt occupations.

Things like driving a fire engine, refuse trucks picking up domestic waste, road sweeper

Hope this helps.

Refuse trucks are not exempt dcpc - I reckon you are thinking of the tacho regs exemption

ROG:
Refuse trucks are not exempt dcpc - I reckon you are thinking of the tacho regs exemption

Yes. Sorry. You are correct.

Thanks for that, I was sure that was the case. I will put them straight on Monday. Thank you again

i’m just wondering what job exactly you are planning to do? talking about mod 2 and 4 i’m guessing your talking about the transport managers cpc and not the drivers?

sixaxles:
i’m just wondering what job exactly you are planning to do? talking about mod 2 and 4 i’m guessing your talking about the transport managers cpc and not the drivers?

Initial driver CPC requires two tests/modules to be passed in order to drive LGVs commercially - they are modules 2 and 4

No, drivers cpc. No idea on work yet, just going to do some temp work before I do my c+e