No CD slot

The 17 plate models have built in sat-nav too!
[/quote]
It will be Wednesday now before I can check if my truck has any USB sockets.

It definitely has the built in sat nav but that just chunters away to me in Dutch. The truck also has black and light tan plastics which show up every mark. I preferred the 2016 one that I had if I’m honest, which had a cd player ! !
[/quote]

[/quote]
If fitted it won’t be on the radio. It will be the opposite end to the cup holder .As you have
sat nav fitted you will probley will have an AUX and USB fitted as you probley don’t have the bottom of the range.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
On that note I think a lot of the other over complicated stuff will eventually just turn out to be a way of extorting loads of money for every record played in a vehicle.

You don’t know much about Spotify then? There’s a surprise :wink:

There’s no mystery it seems clear enough.

Around £10 per month ( so far ) for the ‘premium’ service ? plus I phone data/roaming charges ?.The free service only provides the fixed ‘shuffle play’ including ads ( just like the radio ? ).With freedom to choose what you actually want to listen to limited to ‘premium’ service ?.Compare that with just loading what you want to listen to onto a recordable DVD or a CD off of youtube or the radio for nothing. :confused: It seems obvious where this is all going.IE corner the market by removing the ‘free’ options then hit it for everything it’s worth and a bit more. :bulb:

Again, you’d rather steal music off the internet than pay for it.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
On that note I think a lot of the other over complicated stuff will eventually just turn out to be a way of extorting loads of money for every record played in a vehicle.

Around £10 per month ( so far ) for the ‘premium’ service ? plus I phone data/roaming charges ?.The free service only provides the fixed ‘shuffle play’ including ads ( just like the radio ? ).With freedom to choose what you actually want to listen to limited to ‘premium’ service ?.Compare that with just loading what you want to listen to onto a recordable DVD or a CD off of youtube or the radio for nothing. :confused: It seems obvious where this is all going.IE corner the market by removing the ‘free’ options then hit it for everything it’s worth and a bit more. :bulb:

£6.99 a month to choose to listen to any track/album/playlist you want, whenever you want, as much as you want, unlimited playlist AND something you don’t seem to be aware of - the ability to download as much music as you want thereby not impacting your mobile data at all if like me you do all your downloading at home. But you carry on stealing music since that’s your preference.

I love the way I can consume various forms of media these days. For not much more than £20 a month I’ve Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime and so on which allows me to consume what even 10/11 years ago would have cost hundreds of pounds a month in CDs/DVDs

Radar19:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Again, you’d rather steal music off the internet than pay for it.

That wasn’t actually the specific point being made based on the definition of ‘free’.IE assuming it’s already been paid for once in the form of charges to access the stuff on the relevant channels on cable TV for example then why the zb should anyone need to pay for it twice.

But at least that answers the question as to the real agenda behind getting rid of easily recordable media and the ever increasingly zb content of free broadcast radio most of the time.As I said the rest then being obvious in the predictable disproportionate milking the mobile music market for all its worth and probably a bit more by the corporate establishment. :unamused:

switchlogic:
I love the way I can consume various forms of media these days. For not much more than £20 a month I’ve Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime and so on which allows me to consume what even 10/11 years ago would have cost hundreds of pounds a month in CDs/DVDs

On one device to boot.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

£6.99 a month to choose to listen to any track/album/playlist you want, whenever you want, as much as you want, unlimited playlist AND something you don’t seem to be aware of - the ability to download as much music as you want thereby not impacting your mobile data at all if like me you do all your downloading at home. But you carry on stealing music since that’s your preference.

According to their own publicity it’s £9.99 per month so obviously already almost double the price that you were aware of ?.A bit like cable TV charges around double now what they were not long ago.While even if I had the right gear to do it,which as I said I clearly don’t,I’d say that it’s the motorist who’s being ripped off by being charged twice for mobile media.Such as paying once for cable TV channels for home use + other deliberately incompatible media for mobile use in addition to mobile phone data charges.So there we have it if anyone wants to know why CD’s are being taken out that’s the logical reason.IE considered as being too easy to circumvent an obvious corporate plan to corner the mobile music market.In just the same way that CD and DVD recordable media was got at virtually from day 1 by the corporate interests firstly in the form of resistance to it at all and other moves such as banning of the provision of HDMI inputs but luckily still leaving SCART.On that note why should just using media,that’s already been paid for,for use in the home,out in the car or truck,should suddenly be considered as ‘theft’.:unamused:

Radar19:

switchlogic:

On one device to boot.

Exactly. Plus we have insanely fast internet at home now (downloads albums pretty much instantaneously and full hour long TV shows in about 15 seconds!) coupled with a phone or tablet with large storage which means my mobile data allowance is mostly untouched by my listening and watching habits.

switchlogic:
Exactly. Plus we have insanely fast internet at home now (downloads albums pretty much instantaneously and full hour long TV shows in about 15 seconds!) coupled with a phone or tablet with large storage which means my mobile data allowance is mostly untouched by my listening and watching habits.

Let’s get this right.If you record a film or music off the internet or a TV channel onto a DVD and play it at home that’s ok.But if you take it out of the house and play it on the car DVD then suddenly that’s ‘theft’ of the video ?. :confused: Where is this written in law ?.

axletramp:
Has anyone still got a motor with a cassette player fitted? :laughing:

yes.in my Citroen Xsara.

I’ve got a new Volvo and there is no CD but there is spotify and deezer loaded onto the radio automatically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Two statements, both alike in dignity, in fair TNUK where we lay our scene:

I agree 100% carryfast. See I want a Jag F-Type to drive whenever I want, but I don’t want to pay for those people in Birmingham that make it, nor those idiots who deliver it. I’m not real keen on paying for the designers of it either. I guess the best thing to do is just find one out there already and borrow that on a long term basis, without asking.

I agree 100% carryfast. See I want the new song by Ed Sheeran to listen to on demand, but I don’t want to pay for the guys at the recording studio who record it, nor for the people who provide the platform on which I listen to it. I’m not real keen on paying the songwriter either. I guess the best thing to do is torrent it/record it off the radio/wait for my brother to buy it then rip his cd, and then I don’t have to pay at all.

The first statement describes car theft. A crime.

The second statement describes music piracy. Also a crime.

£10 a month for Spotify. £50 a month gives me unlimited data on my phone, plus unlimited calls and texts and a decent handset. The household has a group subscription to Netflix and I subscribe to Amazon prime for deliveries so I get Prime Video included. So I have all the entertainment that I could need in the lorry for £80 a month. I know that might seem steep but for that I get 20 million songs, 15,000 films and TV programmes on Netflix and 60k on Amazon. All of which play through the trucks stereo via Bluetooth.

Its a brave new world! The only downside for me is that it doesn’t take many lorries to deliver an App.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Let’s get this right.If you record a film or music off the internet or a TV channel onto a DVD and play it at home that’s ok.But if you take it out of the house and play it on the car DVD then suddenly that’s ‘theft’ of the video ?. :confused: Where is this written in law ?.

Its called copy right infringement and yes its classed as theft.

Now, studies have shown (google them if you like) that most consumers will happily pay for content if they think its fairly priced and easy to access. For £10 a month, I can using Spotify have access to millions of music tracks from all sorts of genres, all there at my finger tips. Using the program on my computer I can put together different playlists for any occasion I can think of. Using my wifi at home I can download them using the phone app to play offline so I don’t use up my data when I’m out and about. There are even settings on the app to bar it from downloading new tracks unless connected to wifi. £120 a year for all that is a fair and just price. Same with Netflix.

You really need to stop thinking technological advancement is government propaganda.

Radar19:

Carryfast:

Its called copy right infringement and yes its classed as theft.

Now, studies have shown (google them if you like) that most consumers will happily pay for content if they think its fairly priced and easy to access. For £10 a month, I can using Spotify have access to millions of music tracks from all sorts of genres, all there at my finger tips. Using the program on my computer I can put together different playlists for any occasion I can think of. Using my wifi at home I can download them using the phone app to play offline so I don’t use up my data when I’m out and about. There are even settings on the app to bar it from downloading new tracks unless connected to wifi. £120 a year for all that is a fair and just price. Same with Netflix.

You really need to stop thinking technological advancement is government propaganda.

So someone records a film at home off the TV on DVD and then plays it back at home that’s ok but if they dare to take it out and play it in the car they’ll then supposedly be busted for theft of the film. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Or for that matter they can play a youtube music video in the car using an I phone connected with USB.But they can’t record it on CD or DVD at home and then play it in the car because suddenly that’s then theft of the video.When it’s obvious that the only difference is that the mobile phone service provide doesn’t get their cut in the case of the latter.Let alone adding to the cost by also having to pay Spotify.‘Technical advancement’,as opposed to ripping off the motorist, you’re avin a larf. :unamused:

nsmith1180:
I agree 100% carryfast. See I want the new song by Ed Sheeran to listen to on demand, but I don’t want to pay for the guys at the recording studio who record it, nor for the people who provide the platform on which I listen to it. I’m not real keen on paying the songwriter either. I guess the best thing to do is torrent it/record it off the radio/wait for my brother to buy it then rip his cd, and then I don’t have to pay at all.

£10 a month for Spotify. £50 a month gives me unlimited data on my phone, plus unlimited calls and texts and a decent handset. The household has a group subscription to Netflix and I subscribe to Amazon prime for deliveries so I get Prime Video included. So I have all the entertainment that I could need in the lorry for £80 a month. I know that might seem steep but for that I get 20 million songs, 15,000 films and TV programmes on Netflix and 60k on Amazon. All of which play through the trucks stereo via Bluetooth.

Its a brave new world! The only downside for me is that it doesn’t take many lorries to deliver an App.

Great so you’re saying that playing a Youtube vid,on demand,on an I phone or on the tele,or on a computer,is supposedly theft ?.Maybe you should tell the cable TV companies or the Internet/I phone service providers.Yes as I said.A brave new corporate stitch up world,that’s obviously trying to create a captive market by cornering the mobile media market,by taking out recordable media like CD.While others have better things,if not essentials living on a limited budget,to spend £60 per month on. :unamused:

carryfast-yeti:

axletramp:
Has anyone still got a motor with a cassette player fitted? :laughing:

yes.in my Citroen Xsara.

Hide you"re head in shame . . . a frecin Citroen Xsara .
Says me in my Ford Focus, it has got a CD player though and so as the Merc Arocs that I drive :sunglasses:

I remember the days when we had to supply our own entertainment…a radio with a powerpack was the norm in cars…but in my maudsley i had to fit an 8 track, then when i got promoted to a thames trader, took it with me, well that was till the cassettes player came about…whats all this with a cd, i thought thats what you needed to get a job…how times have changed :smiley:
Anyway, until recently, my car had a Cd player and cassette ( all in one ) with multi changer ( held 12 ) but since i changed cars i only have a cd, but it does play mp3 so thats all good but sadly no multi changer.

I think your boss is being mean fisted by going for the cheapest option of a bare basic radio, with no cd player. as for paying £10 a month for spotify, no thanks ill continue downloading and putting it onto cds that i can take in the truck and the car, and even from youtube as well..illegal or not, but i literally have hundreds of cds full of the music i love.

truckyboy:
I remember the days when we had to supply our own entertainment…a radio with a powerpack was the norm in cars…but in my maudsley i had to fit an 8 track, then when i got promoted to a thames trader, took it with me, well that was till the cassettes player came about…whats all this with a cd, i thought thats what you needed to get a job…how times have changed :smiley:
Anyway, until recently, my car had a Cd player and cassette ( all in one ) with multi changer ( held 12 ) but since i changed cars i only have a cd, but it does play mp3 so thats all good but sadly no multi changer.

I think your boss is being mean fisted by going for the cheapest option of a bare basic radio, with no cd player. as for paying £10 a month for spotify, no thanks ill continue downloading and putting it onto cds that i can take in the truck and the car, and even from youtube as well..illegal or not, but i literally have hundreds of cds full of the music i love.

Ironically I’ve still got cassettes and the original cassette player in the Jag and the old home JVC cassette deck I’ve had since the 1980’s with loads of music on cassettes going back to the 1970’s.While I never got round to getting a CD recorder.But only have a CD player in the Zafira but which won’t play DVD’s although I’ve got a DVD recorder. :unamused: :frowning: :laughing: In which case the most practical option seems to be to replace both cars’ radio cassette or CD with car radio/DVD player options. :bulb:

Which leaves the problem that the agenda seems to be the eventual removal of the CD and probably logically DVD options.Because the corporate world stitch up knows that Tivo/hard drive type home recording media is totally incompatible with mobile car etc use.Which they obviously intend to force along the lines of the subscriber only mobile phone/Spotify type of set ups.Which answers the OP’s question in that it’s probably more a case of that agenda than the thing being specced with just a radio.

On that note I’d guess that I phone and USB would be the next best option.Although again obviously dependent on paying for an expensive phone and phone data charges and fitment of USB capable radio in the truck. :imp:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Ah, it seems you answered my question already then.

:confused:

So tell us how do you get Spotify to play anything you choose to listen to,on a vehicle audio system.Without the need for a mobile phone and resulting charges and without also paying Spotify for its ‘premium’ service ?.Not to mention what will happen to those charges when there is no easily available alternative recording media like CD around.As I said DVD head units at least still seeming to be alive and kicking in that regard which would be my choice.But probably obviously no chance in the case of an employer’s vehicle.

I bet your house is like a museum :smiley:

Carryfast:

nsmith1180:

Great so you’re saying that playing a Youtube vid,on demand,on an I phone or on the tele,or on a computer,is supposedly theft ?.Maybe you should tell the cable TV companies or the Internet/I phone service providers.Yes as I said.A brave new corporate stitch up world,that’s obviously trying to create a captive market by cornering the mobile media market,by taking out recordable media like CD.While others have better things,if not essentials living on a limited budget,to spend £60 per month on. :unamused:

I do love how rather than admit when someone has made a good sensible point you keep moving the goalposts in an attempt to undermine their point.

Carryfast:
Great so you’re saying that playing a Youtube vid,on demand,on an I phone or on the tele,or on a computer,is supposedly theft

He didn’t say that and you know it. The crime is in recording it and you know that full well too.

Carryfast:
A brave new corporate stitch up world,that’s obviously trying to create a captive market by cornering the mobile media market,by taking out recordable media like CD.

Also not true and you know it. Recordable CDs are still widely available and even if they weren’t no one company will corner the streaming media market, there will always be competition, that’s what capitalism is all about. There’s only so much people will pay. Not even the richest company on earth, Apple, have managed to corner the streaming market despite all the predictions that Apple Music would destroy Spotify. Didn’t even come close.

To the OP- You could also buy a Bluetooth adaptor if you have a mobile CD player. They aren’t very expensive and are a slightly better version of FM Transmitters